1238 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

Occasionally, with increasing frequency, I see new authors posting whiney posts here about “wah wah my project was rejected because it sucks, life isn’t fair and boo here (insert youtube/vimeo link)”. Don’t you guys think this is the best masterpiece ever, why was it rejected?” type stupid posts.

Dudes. Stop it. Crying like a little girl is not professional.

It was rejected because

a) you tried to ripoff a bestselling project and make a copycat (bad designer, go to your room lol)

or

b) it sucked because it wasn’t professional looking enough or original and worth adding the thousands of new projects already in the library here.

Do you good oldtime authors agree with me?

To newbie authors… got rejected projects? Too bad, new dudes. Enough whining already—go back to school or play your ps3 or whatever… don’t post unprofessional “wah wah I was rejected” posts in the forum. Challenging the reviewers here and disagreeing just makes you look like an amateur.

-k

2260 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I don’t mind “whining”, I just know I would probably never open a thread regarding rejection. I would be ashamed :)

93 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
RMdeJong says

Don’t you think making a thread like this is just as unprofessional? Although I totally agree with you, there have been way to much of those threads lately.

1238 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
graphic4444 says

No I am trying to raise the professionalism here, and recently there’s been too much whining on the forum, compared to years ago (I’ve been here since near day 1 at flashden, many years ago). It would be nice to have constructive posts about sales, trends in design and other topics that are of better value and usefulness, rather than negative whining/complaining. That’s why I started this topic, to publicly discourage whiney posts.

399 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
vovkacg says

you tried to ripoff a bestselling project and make a copycat (bad designer, go to your room lol)

I like that :)

My first template was also rejected but I even didn’t manage to re-do it, I just started a new one that was approved. I think the first rejection is a very good lesson that you should learn as best as you can to avoid it in the future. Rejected you could understand what’s the problem and if you’re smart enough you won’t do things like that. Take it as a necessary experience that will be useful in your next projects.

673 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
BoostShock says

I agree with you to 100%! But I think you should say it a biiiiit friendlier :D

(Offtopic): Can I ask you something? What do you do with all those files that you are buying? Just wondering..

404 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GhosTeam says

You have a point,
However these new authors must know they need massive improvement, and some focus-points on what to improve.
So when it’s a case of bad design (not the copying/knockoffs issue which is totally different), I think it’s ok for them to post it, this way they’ll hear the harsh truth and get better.

However #2, they should do it in the “Item Discussion” forum.

175 posts
  • Chile
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Doren says

Please, learn to manage your frustration everyone here has been rejected at least once. So stop crying and keep learning.

196 posts
  • Exclusive Author
MotionMAX says

I will not post here if my file got rejected it happens with me once but after that i have managed to maintain quality and difference in each file in quality and also in idea. what ever it is “Graphic4444” is right. He is a great buyer in envato. we must respect his words as a buyer. Thanks to Graphic4444 to snding your message by taking time

144 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+2 more
JakubVejmola says

I remember my first item being rejected. I was angry as hell, blaming the reviewer, VideoHive and the whole unfair world. I even submitted a support ticket about my file being great but rejected…(but didn’t start a thread here)

Now, after a year…I am so ashamed that I was too proud and blind. The file sucked…compared to what I am producing now…it sucked terribly :D. But it was a development for me and maybe this is something every author needs to go through. I’m super happy now – this place is a miracle and I am very grateful for it. Got few bestsellers and the earnings here covers all my living expenses (in the Czech Republic). Also my English got better thanks to the support mails and forums.

So I would like to apologize to the review team for my first reaction (a year ago ;) ) and thank them for a great job they are doing. THANK YOU guys! THANK YOU Envato! And this is something EVERY author should keep in mind. Be grateful and imagine yourself without this opportunity!

And I agree with Graphic4444. Guys, if your item got rejected, it just sucks (or it’s a rip off)...but don’t worry. Make a new (unique) one! Don’t think like “I want a lot of money!”, but “How to deliver some great new design work to my customers?” ...money will come as a bonus.

Good luck everybody! 8-)

by
by
by
by
by
by