34 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CodeLion says

One Sublime Text lover here. It fits perfectly my needs and coding manner. ;)

+1

2196 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+13 more
mpc says

Looks awesome, I am using Coda 1 is there any discount for people who upgrade from coda 1 because I don’t see it :/

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Looks awesome, I am using Coda 1 is there any discount for people who upgrade from coda 1 because I don’t see it :/

Its half price for today only!

629 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+9 more
Kriesi says

Half the price for today, will be 75$ in the future for version 1 customers, but then only for customers who are willing to buy it directly at panic.com

I prefer the app store… no licence key crap and icloud sync :)

1877 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

I prefer the app store…

I did too, until they stopped accepting all my cards…

I just looked at the new Coda screenshots and I think I will still stick with Espresso app which I switched to from Coda about a year ago :) Those of you thinking about Coda, try Espresso too – they are similar yet different, but you will have the choice between two products.

41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
thememates says

The Diet Coda app looks like a good app for developers having iPad.

629 posts
+9 more
Kriesi says

I prefer the app store…

I did too, until they stopped accepting all my cards…

I just looked at the new Coda screenshots and I think I will still stick with Espresso app which I switched to from Coda about a year ago :) Those of you thinking about Coda, try Espresso too – they are similar yet different, but you will have the choice between two products.

Will check it out right now. Must say I am a little disappointed with coda 2 atm :/

2196 posts
+13 more
mpc says

Will check it out right now. Must say I am a little disappointed with coda 2 atm :/

Why? I am wondering if I should purchase it…

8281 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

I love the “and one more thing…”, reminds me of Steve :)

629 posts
+9 more
Kriesi says

Why? I am wondering if I should purchase it…

Because it still feels like an unfinished Beta…

This is the first review that is visible on the apple app store and it sums up exactly how i feel: (There are other things would criticize like the -webkit only css3 prefixes or the 3 crashes within the first 16 hours of use but the review sums it up quite nicely)

Having used Coda for the past few years, I’ve been impatiently stalking this 2.0 release and immediately jumped on to it the moment I saw it go live. I’m very disappointed.

Primarily, it’s all about auto-complete, their #2 touted feature according to their site. What they don’t mention is that it’s completely useless for most production-level projects in PHP . Let’s take a look:

- A basic core function like “strpos(” gets no param hinting.

- Only your custom functions IN THE SAME FILE get hinting. Once you fill out the place-holders, the only way to get hinting back (supposing you lost them somehow, or you changed something) is to go to the end of the function and press Esc.

- Typing in ”$obj = new ” doesn’t list classes. ”$this->” doesn’t show member methods (or let you do any auto-completion). I suppose not everyone uses OOP , but in the MVC -heavy world, this is a killer thing to not have.

- Declaring a variable inside of a function makes it available for auto-complete globally, and from other functions.

Clearly, Panic didn’t put in any level of intelligence on code-sensing or scoping. Blindly using auto-completed code of this nature would introduce a lot of unintended bugs. An IDE /editor is supposed to make the programmer’s job easier. This is no better than having a monkey bringing you anything he can get his hands on.

Given that there’s free IDE ’s like Eclipse, Netbeans, etc. that have fully intelligent code completion, I’m very disappointed that they couldn’t give us something more usable. This is hardly better than Coda 1.7, and is more a problem maker than a useful feature as it is. I know that I’m sadly having to go back to the bloated monster that is Eclipse, because it generally improves workflow much more than Coda currently offers.

MySQL features look very much like a half-baked ripped off of Sequel Pro, yet it doesn’t even have the ability to add/edit/remove indexes or store query history.

I suppose that for a “point-oh” release, I shouldn’t be surprised about lack of polish and the half-baked nature of all the features, but after such a long tease on how good 2.0 would be, I’m sorely disappointed.

I did hop on the 50% off bandwagon without much thought. If you think you would be affected by any of my complaints above and if you missed the promotional discount, or are otherwise unsure of the developmental direction this app is taking, it may be wise to wait until Panic polishes their app/addresses more issues before purchasing.

by
by
by
by
by
by