142 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
STproduction says

Yes this all comments it’s really interesting and helpful! :)

312 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
soundtrove says

Love my Danelectro DC-59 (90s reissue) if you don’t know about them do yourself a favour and check out http://youtu.be/ODidAgdL40Y

Guild GAD30 acoustic Fender Mustang Bass (90s reissue) Ukelele of some description

Half_Light_SoundStudio
Half_Light_SoundStudio Recent Posts
Threads Started
547 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Half_Light_SoundStudio says

Loved my Gibson SG, now I have a Stratocaster, also love. My first guitar ever was an Ibanez! (I was 14 years old). I remember it being a kickin’ guitar. I had a friend who had a washburn, so I tried that out a bit. One of my bandmates had a Gibson Les Paul (which was accidentally sent when he ordered a Epiphone Les Paul—needless to say he never told the vendor and just kept the Gisbson lol). That was a brilliant Guitar. The best overall guitar for me was the SG. It had the right balance (kind of a cross between the Les Paul and Strat to me).

23 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Spain
jesusginard says

I use a Gibson 335 and I LOVE it. I also have a Telecaster Thinline 72 and a Parker Nitefly. For acoustic I have an Alhambra A3 cutaway, an acoustic Martin D12X1AE (12 strings), and an electric Gibson SG 12 strings, awesome to play with!

23 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
inRedMusic says
914 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
permian says

It matters not.
Get a decent pickups and do with the DI-sound whatever you want afterwards.

373 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
Revturkey says

Well…obvious answers are Tele, Strat and Les Paul.

As for what to plug em into….blimey…minefield. If using mics then Go for a good valve amp.

Les Paul and Marshall…Fender and Fender works…especially if you want to cut some glass.

If DI’ing….lot of good options these days. I have an Avid Eleven Rack which is not too bad.

Good vid on youtube of Jeff Skunk Baxter just going into a DI box then desk..with a horrible looking perspex guitar. My experience of those has been less than stellar….but good old Jeff shows that it is in those fingers too! That cannot be underestimated! What a player!

You can have all the gear and no idea. Don’t get too hung up on the equipment..but don’t buy crap.

Find a guitar that suits you and that your budget allows. One size doesn’t really fit all. I have a Gibson Johnny A guitar. I love it. It has a hollow body with a bigsby…is a git to keep in tune but a lot of fun to play and has a lovely tone. If I had money I would get a Telecaster as well. That would be me covered…I can pretend I am Danny Gatton then….even though i am crap and he was a god.

Anyway….you probably get my drift. Be careful of guitar mags…remember they are paid by sponsors.

:)

by
by
by
by
by
by