3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

...that area seems a little dusty. :)
What about the possibility to edit the current FAQs?
Also, the faq items can take a little bit of css style. For example, the question field can be better identified with some spacing and a bigger size.
FAQ Page example: [+] <- Yeah, it’s self promo!! :P

PS: After some research… there seems to be few items that use the FAQ feature… Even highly popular wp themes barely use this. Hm. I am the only fan? :)

2024 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

I’ve noticed the same too! I’ve used an orderd list (ol) and it uses ugly lowercase roman numerals (self promo)

And to edit it I have to open the webinspector, copy html, created a ne entry and delete the old one!?

7378 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Is annoying, look at this example:

self promo

5961 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I used to set long FAQs on description page but realized that the lengthy scroll bar separates buyers from the preview area (and purchase button :P ) and those details on FAQ actually makes other major details on description to lose focus.

Since FAQ tab content is very difficult to handle, started adding them on item Help documentation but there is no meaning with it. Those who reads documentation actually doesn’t need a separate FAQ . For my personal case, the FAQs on help documentation will look like this if added:

Q1. Blah blah blah 1
See section A1

Q2. Blah blah blah 2
See section B2

So now just dropped adding faqs and if 10th buyer asks the same question, I do answer them.

3538 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
KrownThemes says

So now just dropped adding faqs and if 10th buyer asks the same question, I do answer them.
That’s why a centralized support forum is better than anything Envato has to offer. In half of the support tickets i answer everyday i just redirect clients to other tickets..
5961 posts
+8 more
VF says

That’s why a centralized support forum is better than anything Envato has to offer. In half of the support tickets i answer everyday i just redirect clients to other tickets..

That’s a better option, still there are too many wrong things awaiting with such trend. One is any new buyers here will feel the irritation of logging in with 3rd party site and enter purchase code just to ask a simple question. Secondly for regular buyers, if they purchase from 10 authors, they have to login each author’s support forum. Also I personally have a doubt if it is fine to keep the 3rd party support area access open to all or just for those who logs-in. Unless it is open, it will not serve efficiently as FAQ section.

3072 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

Yeah, I like the idea of a section where the most often questions are answered. That is why I would like that section to look better. I think it’s kinda natural for a client to search for item’s page for answers in case something is needed. And info being on the same website, one click away, can help a lot…

An accordion-structure type will also help and improve the readability.

5961 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ Yes, the current FAQ section with editable content (similar to item description edit) will simply do the help. Nothing complex, instead of current one-by-one entry on FAQ section, have a single text field similar to item description with same formatting styles as item descriptions. Authors can just add/remove/edit/arrange and number the content. Not a formal approach for faq but will do better than now.

1661 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

It would be really cool if we could just select the answers from the comment section and throw them inside the faq. Even cooler if the comment sections could be searchable.

5961 posts
+8 more
VF says

It would be really cool if we could just select the answers from the comment section and throw them inside the faq. Even cooler if the comment sections could be searchable.

Searchable? We should be fair while requesting; first check if the crane can lift even 10kg before asking for 10 tonne :D

Basically asking for new features is waste of time, if you comeback and see these threads after 6 months, you will know what I mean. I wonder certain options specific to author area (and buyer too recently) are even exists in staff/human memory or atleast on the to-do list as digital memories. I afraid all those exists only as forum conversation format.

by
by
by
by
by
by