915 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
JBlanks says

Halloween & The Fog are my favourites of the ones he has written, and he’s written many great ones. I literally taught myself to play piano by learning to play those scores back in 1981.

I really love his music to Christine, They Live, Prince of Darkness and Big Trouble in Little China too. (The Alan Howarth years) He is reason I direct movies and now write the scores too, also reason I met my wife. We worked together for 6 months before discovering our mutual love of John Carpenter/Kurt Russell movies. Knew at that point I’d met the woman of my dreams.

Met Carpenter in ‘98 in LA at premiere of “Vampires” and got to tell him the story and watch his band The Coup deVilles at the wrap party. Was like meeting John Lennon for me.

244 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
RomanosMusic says

Jerry Goldsmith – ‘The Omen. Still listen to it to this day. Atonal stuff at its powerful best. Not to mention the choir score.

99 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
RandallKHarp says

Although I purchased several TV show themes on 45s (Remember those?) when I was a child, I think that the first actual motion picture soundtrack that I purchased was Medicine Man (score by Jerry Goldsmith), well into my adulthood (even after I had scored some student short films). Nice range of emotions in that score. I really like “The Trees”. Interestingly, I also really like “Trees” by Keiko Matsui (Deep Blue album), whose music has been described as “a soundtrack in search of a film”.

960 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Gae47 says

Jerry Goldsmith – ‘The Omen. Still listen to it to this day. Atonal stuff at its powerful best. Not to mention the choir score.
Been collecting Jerry Goldsmith soundtracks since a kid…always been a huge fan. His Omen trilogy music is great. Out of the three I probably prefer Damien: Omen II the best. One of my all time favourite horror scores of Goldsmith is of course Poltergeist. Favourite tracks are Twisted Abduction and Escape from Suburbia and the clown music is incredibly creepy.
by
by
by
by
by
by