This topic was discussed in part earlier here but I didn’t find a complete and up-to-date explanation. So I post these related questions as a “bundle” for AJ staff to comfortably clarify it in detail. I’m sure some AJ users would welcome this as well.
So, let’s assume you decided to re-mixdown and re-master a few tracks from your portfolio at AJ and post the new improved versions. Here are my questions:
1. What is the best way to upload a new version of the existing file?
From the previous posts so far I understood that the new updated version of the file will be subject to approval the same way as the original entry. It is not clear though if it’s subject to any approval priority, but I hope AJ moderators will clarify this.
We don’t have to delete the old entry, just upload the new file and select one in the drop down menu on the item Edit page.
Also, in this case we don’t have to rename it to Ver.2 if it’s just a re-mixdown or re-master of the same audio material. “Ver.2” tag is rather appropriate for a “significantly modified version” of the original material—let’s say a remix (in a new musical style) or a new arrangement.
2. What is the best way to inform our customers who already bought this file about the updated version? Will AJ engine inform them automatically once we upload a new version and it’s get approved by AJ? Or should we post this information on the item Comments page? Then, will this message reach your customers automatically? Or only your “Followers”? AJ, pls make it clear.
If we need to inform our customers manually, then I see a problem here. We don’t know who bought out item unless they commented on the item Comments page and are indicated as “Purchased”.
Any feedback from AJ staff or experienced AJ authors would be appreciate.
1. There is only one way. Go to ‘edit’ section of the item and upload a new zip folder, just like you did before with the original upload except containing the new version and preview made using that new version.
2. There is no way really as the system is not designed for us to know who bought the files. There is no automated way either. I guess if you have conversed with one of the buyers in the comments or they have previously contacted you via email then you could send them an email informing them of an update.
Let me know if you have any more questions
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.