58 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Argentina
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
cocoonstudios says

Hi guys! I have this question because I see here everybody speaks about high quality.

What do you think is more important? A technic high quality or a compositive high quality?

Good sales to everyone!!!

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says

Respectfully to a commercial market place: the most amazing skilful composition recording badly won’t get accepted, while a corny cliche tune in a good quality will be welcome.

903 posts
  • Australia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
JBlanks says

If you can manage both, it’s preferable. ;)

MarioLucianAndreano
MarioLucianAndreano Recent Posts Threads Started
126 posts
  • Romania
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
MarioLucianAndreano says

Respectfully to a commercial market place: the most amazing skilful composition recording badly won’t get accepted, while a corny cliche tune in a good quality will be welcome.

Yep! kinda sad…but…true…

342 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Australia
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
soundtrove says

I heard some big sellers that I thought had fairly average recording quality. Nothing wrong with that of course – it’s how it moves the listener that matters.

920 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
jhunger says

I heard some big sellers that I thought had fairly average recording quality. Nothing wrong with that of course – it’s how it moves the listener that matters.

I’ll be the first to admit that a couple of my overall best sellers fall into this category IMO, partially because they’re older tunes and I like to think I’ve improved since then, but also because neither one was really meant for greatness, as it were. My top selling song I wrote and produced quickly as kind of a joke, and my second best was the result of a day in the studio where I just wasn’t feeling creative so I pushed out a simple finger picking pattern just to get something done. I’d chalk it up to quality VH presentations that used these songs, except that they sell well on other marketplaces as well.

So anyway, what I’m saying is that I’m not sure either of these tunes had what I’d call either highest quality composition or recording quality, but maybe something else comes through to the listener, the elusive “feel” aspect to it (I think Gareth referred to this a while back in some other thread that I can’t find now). The frustrating thing for me is that that’s the hardest to reproduce. I have many other tracks that I’m far prouder of from a quality and creative aspect that don’t do well at all.

by
by
by
by
by
by