1431 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Shaking my head in utter disbelief.

Hahaha nodding your head ha. There is NO NEED to be arrogant – what a wise man do when he reads a thread that is below his standard, i.e. a thread that is for new members who often have problem with there items and post it on “ITEM DISCUSSION ” is to walk away without writing anything irresponsible. It is not a MUST that you will comment.

There are creative authors on TUT + that have made huge sales on SEO topic and those tips they are selling are really helping so many people for better search engine optimization. And good and item related tags are one of the complex and yet important factor that gives life to visitors stream.

Be modest and post any tip that can help new members to enjoy being part of this community.

I am here for three month and not much understanding yet. But I never faced any need to count characters or tags for my 80 items (audio and video).

I would rather love to be able to get some statistics of buyers search and other typical action for example: 1) what rate for search any specific keyword and vs. how many items have it. 2) How offen user buy item after search this keyword 3) How many items or pages user usually preview before buy after his search 4) What is the rate for buying after search vs. after some other link like external link or through follow link or through main page etc.

By the way if any common keyword potentially have hundreds or even thousand of items is it useless to specify many standard tags at all?

Best Regards, Andrey

Good point too!

1431 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

@AndrVlad (Andrey) feel free to read this article: Keyword Research Process

Which includes
  • Discovering Keywords
  • Analyzing Keywords
  • Selecting Keywords
  • Deploying Keywords
http://www.twospots.com/web-articles/24/

The article contains vital tips – you will find few answers to your questions. From STEP 2 : Adding Information and Measuring Competition for Keywords “Wordtracker or Overture.”

Best regards.

3538 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I agree that keywords should be chosen carefully and one should spend some time when creating them, but come on .. you’re advertising a letter count app :D There are hundreds of apps like that on the net and i don’t believe there is a single person which doesn’t know about it.

And i never heard about a rejection based on bad keywords..

87 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Austria
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
ExElvele says

@AndrVlad (Andrey) feel free to read this article: Keyword Research Process Which includes
  • Discovering Keywords
  • Analyzing Keywords
  • Selecting Keywords
  • Deploying Keywords
http://www.twospots.com/web-articles/24/

The article contains vital tips – you will find few answers to your questions. From STEP 2 : Adding Information and Measuring Competition for Keywords “Wordtracker or Overture.”

Best regards.

Interesting read, thanks.

312 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Austria
+2 more
squaredWeb says

Edit: nvm

239 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
phpdude says

This thread made me laugh.

If it were a single line tip then yeah, it may have gone down a bit better, but 3 paragraphs followed by a full article is a bit too much just for a character counter in my opinion. Thanks for the share, but maybe keep it short and simple :)

A question to you Mr Charles Brown: Did you, or do you work in SEO and copy writing? I feel like the way you post on here is a method to cram as many keywords as possible to help the SEO .

I don’t mean this in a bad way, and please don’t take offense, it’s just I’m curious.

5481 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

@phpdude nail , hammer ….. bang.

My thoughts exactly.

1178 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
chiccosinalo says

As we all know that tags/keywords of every file shouldn’t be more than 30 characters and it is time consuming to always count the characters of each tag. If the characters of any of the keywords is more than 30 when you are about to submit a file, you will receive a message that there is/are tag(s) with more than 30 characters and it is very stressful to start counting them.

There is a solution and best method. Go to this site: http://allworldphone.com/count-words-characters.htm You will find three tools namely ‘Word Count Calculator Form’, ‘Character Count Calculator Form’, and ‘Free Website Graphics Creation Tool’.

Use the tool form ‘Character Count Calculator Form’ to count your tag characters to make sure that none of them is more than 30. This will save you a lot of time and the submission tags error notice.

i tried using the tool for these keywords:::::: cloud, outsourcing, think, thinkers, critical thinkers, professional, minds, great, designer, business , idea , light ,logo,modern, professional , unique yellow, printing, web, creative, decorative, design, photoshop, psd, bulb, ideas, thinking

its giving me a result of 53, i wonder how accurate it is.??

1003 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

I use MS Word for counting words :D

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

This is nice if you have industrial number of stuff to manage.
I guess, if you really want, you can go this professional on anything you do. Like, with passion. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by