1312 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
LGLab says
Guys,

Can we just submit tags via the item-edit page, for the reviewers to check, or do we need to re-submit the download and preview packages again? Please say yes!

Donagh

Yes you can update/submit any part of your file independently, including the thumbnail for example, I remember an author who was uploading all his files again, although he only wanted to change the thumbnail.

So you can just update your tags, it was however suggested to let Adrien know that the update was tags only, although I am pretty sure Adrien has turned into a tag update machine by now :D

50 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+5 more
SoundProdigy says

By the way, users that uses old style upload form are not allowed to add tags, so this is the problem why people still uploading new files without tags – becuase they don’t know that new one contains extra fields for tags ;) So guys it’s time to jump to new era! Also already hal a year i see a lot of problem with envato web starting from: index page – Recent tab (if cursor out of recent box, all audio players and thumbnails are gone, if you roll down it all will appear…), also other things with main player like: you press play button in main audio file window and firstly before player starts to play you’ll get Flash player Error box with somethig like this:

SecurityError: Error #2122: Security sandbox violation: SoundMixer.computeSpectrum: http://audiojungle.net/flash/SoundPreviewer.swf?soundFileName=http://s3.envato.com/files/144255/preview.mp3&looping=true cannot access http://s3.envato.com/files/144255/preview.mp3. A policy file is required, but the checkPolicyFile flag was not set when this media was loaded.
   at flash.media::SoundMixer$/computeSpectrum()
   at cc.eden.audiojungle::Visualiser/renderOsc()
   at cc.eden.audiojungle::Visualiser/renderLoop()

Also problems with tagging fields: autocomplete/auto suggestion function: if you start filling tags it works ok, but if you want delete/add something it’s going really weird, it always moves you to end of the text!

Also still AJ search is a real joke, it checks only titles and from this month it’s will also check somehow tags, that are not much useful because it mostly describes genre and instruments used, so no internal text search :( .

I’ve checked this bugs on different PCs, browsers and my mate found problems the same too, so problems still remains. Don’t know maybe it’s local problem but looks like that it’s not! I’m writing all this to make our market better and maybe admins will find all this problems too and solve them. Good luck AJ :)

567 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
iamdok says

That’s great news. Thanks for the replies sike & LGLab. No excuses for putting it off any longer now ;)

Donagh

292 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Ezza says
Also still AJ search is a real joke, it checks only titles and from this month it’s will also check somehow tags, that are not much useful because it mostly describes genre and instruments used, so no internal text search :( .

What kind of phrases and characteristics are you searching for that you can’t find because they’re not in the title or the tags?

50 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+5 more
SoundProdigy says

Well. will see. tags are good somehow solution, but for an example i would like to search in some users portfolio only, ok we have sort filters that are good but no search is possible so if someone has hundreds of files i’m on deadend :) this is just one of examples. just wondering why not to implement standart search and option for advanced, i think this will clear searching in limited bounds. This is just ideas loud, so you may think vice versa ;)

8239 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

hi, please start a new thread rather than opening a 4 year one…

Locking this up.

Thanks,

Matt

by
by
by
by
by
by