• Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+7 more
ADG3studios Staff says
+1 There was enough time….

How do you know? :D

If something needs to be fixed, it’s better fixed before the launch no? :)

Hehe I can only imagine what the brave devs would have to endure at the hands of the demanding masses if something were released and only then we realized that it needed a fix ;)

Good things come to those who wait, so just update your tags in the meantimes guys, no worries :)8)

1561 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says
I just got word from our crack Envato development team that there’s been a slight delay on rolling out the tagging-based search system. It appears there are still a large amount of files without tags and we want to give everyone enough time to benefit from the new search system.

From reading the original post it sounds like its being delayed because there are still a lot of files that haven’t been tagged. Unless I’m reading it wrong, it doesn’t sound like a delay with the actual system itself.

If that’s the case I think we’ve had a fair amount of time to get this done, and personally don’t think that should hold up the roll out. But there could be other factors behind it…

1125 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
hansv says
I just got word from our crack Envato development team that there’s been a slight delay on rolling out the tagging-based search system. It appears there are still a large amount of files without tags and we want to give everyone enough time to benefit from the new search system.
From reading the original post it sounds like its being delayed because there are still a lot of files that haven’t been tagged. Unless I’m reading it wrong, it doesn’t sound like a delay with the actual system itself. If that’s the case I think we’ve had a fair amount of time to get this done, and personally don’t think that should hold up the roll out. But there could be other factors behind it…

that is what I thought….. it is not fair to those who took the time to update all their items…........ on time…..

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Yes, the system is not broken. The files that the system searches have not been updated yet so rolling out the search system when the files are not prepared could cause the results to be worse than they are with the current system.

And while I understand your point HansV, the regular search is still working so its not impossible to find items. It will just be more accurate when it does roll out.

2671 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
Chuckanucka says

not everyone follows the forum every second of the day, i don`t think a week is a huge amount of time. I have not done all my files yet.

A blog post and mass author email would be a good idea.

1561 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

But rolling out the new search could potentially give the authors that were on top of the tagging an advantage, which wouldn’t be so bad ;)

author email would be a good idea.

+1, that would have been a good idea.

1125 posts
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
hansv says
Yes, the system is not broken. The files that the system searches have not been updated yet so rolling out the search system when the files are not prepared could cause the results to be worse than they are with the current system. And while I understand your point HansV, the regular search is still working so its not impossible to find items. It will just be more accurate when it does roll out.

I know the search works, mark. But I guess you are right…. if the items are not prepared the search system could get worse….

I guess I am just impacient because I would actually like to see the impact of the new search on sells… and see by myself the search results for specific search terms.

I do have a suggestion: Wouldn’t be a good time for envato to send some kind of newsletter asking users to update their tags? .... and at the same time announcing the new search system?

Edit: Wao…. the idea with an email or newsletter was popular in the last 3 minutes…. hehe

3145 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Canada
+7 more
ADG3studios Staff says

I do have a suggestion: Wouldn’t be a good time for envato to send some kind of newsletter asking users to update their tags? .... and at the same time announcing the new search system?

Edit: Wao…. the idea with an email or newsletter was popular in the last 3 minutes…. hehe

That is a good suggestion. I’ll pass it along. Thanks Hans. :)

Yeah it seems like everyone thought of it at once :D

1246 posts
  • Greece
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
zefs says

One suggestion about the tagging. I noticed that, after adding tags to an item, if you forgot to add another, so you want to re-edit the tags, the tag boxes are empty.

Wouldn’t it be better if the tags we have already set up, display, everytime we hit the edit button on a file?

1125 posts
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
hansv says
One suggestion about the tagging. I noticed that, after adding tags to an item, if you forgot to add another, so you want to re-edit the tags, the tag boxes are empty. Wouldn’t it be better if the tags we have already set up, display, everytime we hit the edit button on a file?

they do…. but after they were accepted by the reviewer

by
by
by
by
by
by