376 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
BigBouncyBright says

I waited for a long time to post this, but my patience is over :) I think most of AJ authors have sales long after upload, and this is advantage of royalty-free sites. I have reverse situation, and it makes me crazy. I have sales only short time after upload new item, it became rule for last few month. And new sale – 99% is new uploaded track. In this situation I can consider my tags are fkn’ wrong and absolutely useless. AJ authors, please look at my tags and rate their fitness, I really don’t understand what’s the matter. Tracks are competitive, and the sales first days after upload show this… :confusedsad: Thanks!

575 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
Sophonic says

I don’t see a problem with your tags. Try using the main tag you are going for in the title and repeat tags in song description. A lot of people here that get sales after the new upload period are established with repeat buyers, on top list, featured, active in forums, and are collaborating with other envato market places like video hive.

Another big thing is promotion, creat a website, blog, YouTube, soundcloud, facebook.. Leave links on forums that have people that need music but don’t spam, become a contributing member. Some even say twitter works, but that is better if you have past clients/buyers as followers.

Just write quality music people can use and in the long run you will be fine, there are cases where people come here and instantly get tons of sales from one song but those cases are rare.

376 posts
BigBouncyBright says

Thanks Sophonic for reply. I regulary use soundcloud, twitter, facebook and different film-video-game making forums and sites for promotion, also have a web page. But one thing I can’t understand: are my tracks unsearchable for buyers after they leave front page, or they lose their value with time? Many authors already a have lot of sales with 10-15 compositions only in portfolio, and I don’t think it’s only promotion’s merit… Strange feeling, like with the limited abilities here, and I really dont wait for sales till upload new item.. Sad

575 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
Sophonic says

I understand your frustration, I have same issue but the promotion has helped me. Maybe try thinking like a buyer and try searching with terms they might use then see what songs come up in search. Then take a look at what that author used for title, tags, and written description. That is about all you can do to figure things out.

When it all comes down to it I feel the 2 most important things here besides writing good music is to make top seller list and get a boost from video hive collaborations.

376 posts
BigBouncyBright says

Yeah thanks, I’ll try to improve non-musical part of the work, and first of all expand the description of the items

by
by
by
by
by
by