696 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
LucaFormicola says

Hi everybody, a question for all Aj authors: is anyone selling something????? I know that summer is a “dead period” for selling, and I can confirm, but I’m just curious about you..

130 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
AudioMonks says

Hi, its our best month so far,so its all good with the sales, just keep on focusing in producing great music and sales will come…

48 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
MagnetStudios says

It’s also been my best month, ever. You just have to keep doing as AudioMonks says and the sales will follow.

164 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Belgium
Pianojungle says

I didn’t work hard this month because I had exams at school and still I equaled my best month. It’s a combination of making good music and having some luck :)

575 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
Sophonic says

I am also having the best month yet since I started.

196 posts
  • Netherlands
LGuitarB says

Here it’s slow as well, yes. But it is getting towards the end/beginning of the month, and often some sales happen then.

919 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
jhunger says

Had a bit of a drop over the weekend, but overall sales have been on track this month. Not sure about a summer dead period – summer and fall are actually much better for me than Dec – Feb typically.

748 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
guitarjock says

It has been a decent month for me. I haven’t hit my monthly goal of 10 tracks, but I have sold 7 and there are a few days left before the end of the month.

The great news is that I finally have a job interview! I’ve been out of work and unemployed, other than my income from AJ, which is usually between $60 – $120 a month. My savings is entirely depleted and I actually owe my parents for a coupke of months now, but I am thinking that I am very likely to get hired!

So that could make this the greatest month ever!

575 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Sophonic says

It has been a decent month for me. I haven’t hit my monthly goal of 10 tracks, but I have sold 7 and there are a few days left before the end of the month.

The great news is that I finally have a job interview! I’ve been out of work and unemployed, other than my income from AJ, which is usually between $60 – $120 a month. My savings is entirely depleted and I actually owe my parents for a coupke of months now, but I am thinking that I am very likely to get hired!

So that could make this the greatest month ever!
Thats great man, good luck to ya!
547 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

Hey @MrLukeFor,

If it weren’t for being featured last week, I think I’d be in the same boat as you, so it will be interesting seeing what next month is like.

@ guitarjock, good luck buddy, really hope you get the job.

When interest in our tracks drop, I try to remember that sales aren’t a reflection of whether our music is any good. It’s more about whether your music is ‘good’ for a specific purpose and whether that style is popular at the time, cue: ukulele, glockenspiel and plinky plonky music box sounds.

Hard to keep that in mind sometimes, but sales dip n dive for everyone at times, so take it month-by-month if possible (I find that really hard to do, but it’s the best way to get a better idea of how you’re doing I think).

Taco

by
by
by
by
by
by