- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Exclusive Author
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
Summer has ended and it’s back to serious work for most of us. So for me this means first rebuilding my support forums. My old ones were based on Vanilla ( even posted a tutorial for that one ) but there were two main problems :
- does not fit or integrate with the main site which is wordpress based
- verification was done once which means a buyer who purchased one item had access to all of the items forums
So I decided to go a new way. With BuddyPress this time. Advantages:
- does fit with the main site
- individual item verification with feedback on the profile page on which areas you already have access -> http://cl.ly/image/3a1Q231q2M31
- possibility to run for duplicate keys => ban because all keys are stored in the db
You can check my site’s support link for a quick demo
What you will need:
- a buddypress compatible theme
- envato marketplaces wrapper by Jeffrey Way
Just paste this into your bp/bpt-functions.php -> http://pastie.org/4919196 All you have to do now is to create a misc folder on your theme folder and inside that folder a dzssupport folder. Inside that last folder copy the Envato_marketplaces.php from the envato wrapper and the config.php.
The wrapper file is the same, but the config.php is a little different, it needs your data + the ids of the items you integrate in the forum and groups names
<?php /** * Make sure to rename this to config.php */ $dzssupport_config = array(); $dzssupport_config['username'] = 'ZoomIt'; $dzssupport_config['api_key'] = 'ddd'; $idsandforums = array( array( 'id' => '80610', 'forum' => 'DZS Video Gallery', ), array( 'id' => '157782', 'forum' => 'DZS WordPress Video Gallery', ), array( 'id' => '2536611', 'forum' => 'DZS WordPress Timeline Slider', ), );
Hope this helps somebody.
Hmm, I’ve never thought of this it’s actually a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
I am currently in the middle of getting a system built around Kayako for Support and the knowledge base. But this actually seems like a better idea.