828 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
PhilLarson says

Hey guys. It has been a while so I figured it was time to start a new thread… ;)

This question: Those who have experienced the “Summer Season,” how do overall sales stack up to the rest of the year? I understand that my question could seem ignorant as not the whole world would be considered in the Summer months. However, it seems most of buyers on the Envato marketplaces are from the U.S. so that’s why I’m asking what I’m asking.

I have a couple theories:

1. Sales could increase: Many people have some time off their regular jobs or schooling in order to work on projects/buy stuff for projects, etc.

2. Sales could decrease: Many go on vacations both physically and mentally, clients could be harder to come by, etc.

This is my 1st summer as an author and wanted to know what your experience was. Am I missing something? Does it fluctuate each year – sometimes increase, sometimes decrease? Maybe it’s not even worth trying to guess…? Thanks for the feedback!

Phil

265 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
+8 more
dejans says

Yeah, there usually is a slight dip in sales during July/August

1257 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

Hah, you got me here, I am in mental vacancy at the moment + having some medical problems, this is my first summer here too, and the sales seems to be ok overall, I mean I didn’t noticed a decrease of sales, nor increase – the increase I have it it’s because I posted new items, but that’s another thing… but I can’t see anything different from the Spring for example. :)

Cheers.

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

Sales always tend to fluctuate, summer or not.

You shouldnt worry about it.

828 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
PhilLarson says

Sales always tend to fluctuate, summer or not. You shouldnt worry about it.

No worrying here! Just seeking to find out the experience of others. I just enjoy cultivating conversation, that’s all.

thesensercomplex
thesensercomplex Recent Posts Threads Started
486 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
thesensercomplex says

This will be my second summer (started last year in May but first sales starting in June). Compared to last June, this June is been going very well. I can mainly attribute this to many more tracks in my portfolio this year, including a couple of GraphicRiver musician business cards that got approved. Last July was a slight pick up from June. However, August was pretty weak, then it exploded in September. Not sure if the trend will repeat itself but it is a very interesting question you posed, making me look closer at the analytics. Thanks and cheers, Phil.

(PS) Looks like you’re doing pretty well to me. Your new “Acoustic Reflection” is absolutely breathtaking. Great job!

by
by
by
by
by
by