2124 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Here’s another suggestion coming from me (hopefully it will get more people interested than my previous one :D )

Many people include original song, extended song, loop version, instrumental version, etc, in one package under one file… I thought it would be great that buyer gets an option to choose what they want to buy, instead of getting it all in one package (maybe with a discount?)... Something similar to PhotoDune’s way of selecting image resolution…

What do you think, people? An idea worth considering?

73 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
MD9 says

Is anything stopping us from uploading variations individually already?

301 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Reachground says
urbazon said
What do you think, people? An idea worth considering?

+1

Always great ideas urbazon.

To add to the idea, I record most of my sound effects in 96/24. I submit them here in 44/16 but as we audiogeeks know, bigger is bettar ;) The possibility to buy a higher quality version?

MD9 said

I don’t know if this is the same for music but after I’ve submitted this one:

Chainsaw Start Revving then Stop

I also submitted one where the chainsaw was cutting through a log. Here was the response from the reviewer:

This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria

Unfortunately, your main file appears to be a variation of one of your existing submissions. In an effort to maintain the integrity of our library for both our customers and authors, we do not permit new/separate submissions based on previously submitted audio.

You are welcome to add this submission to your existing file (once it will be approved) and sell both tracks together, but you are not allowed to sell it separately. If you do so, please remember to also update your preview file so that all tracks included are represented in your watermarked preview and your description to list all files and durations.

249 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
miksmusic says

Actually, yes

http://audiojungle.net/wiki/basics/audiojungle-basics/audiojungle-music-upload-instructions/

Point 7: We do not allow variations of a track to be uploaded as separate uploads.

73 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
MD9 says

Hmm, I can see that you shouldn’t be allowed to spam 50 variations of your song as separate items and try to crowd out other peoples tracks. It would also be an annoyance to customers if you didn’t clearly label the songs as variations. On the other hand as a customer you would totally want to be able to purchase only the variation you intend to use.

In this case Urbazon has a good idea. There should be a means for authors to sell packages of files but also allow individual items in the package to be purchased. This could apply to all the Envato sites. The items purchased individually should of course cost more than buying the package.

688 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+5 more
robGD Volunteer moderator says

The photodune approach is a good example. Buy the loop, or buy the loop with an intro/ending or buy them all. I like that.

748 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
guitarjock says

+1

Love the idea.

It would also help if you could include more files in the zip file. 5 is a very limiting number. I like providing an intro loop, verse loop, chorus loop, solo loop if there is one, end loop, and the mian file in both WAV and MP3 formats. That makes for 7 files. Increasing from 5 to 7 files would help in making our products more customizeable for the customer and maybe even make sense with Envato’s proposed cost increase for AJ items.

This sounds to me like a good way for AJ to differentiate itself from other royalty free music sites. In business, that means a win for Envato.

by
by
by
by
by
by