137 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
Trend2kill says

I was thinking that a cool addition to the marketplace would be to have a “recently sold” widget on the site?

What do you think?

285 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+7 more
DarkSunz says

+ 1

Yeah, its a fairly interesting idea as it brings more visibility. I personally don’t see any immediate problems from it. It might cluster up the homepage though due to the amount of things already being showcased.

3213 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

Sounds like a good idea, maybe it could also be personalized for each author’s page? So buyers might see what tracks a specific author has recently sold… :)

735 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
plastic3 says

+1

693 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
OhmLab says

+1

135 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
biala says

It is not a good idea! The main problem of this market is the unfair visiblility that it offers to authors. That will only bring more sales to the best selling authors and the featured ones and keep the sales of the others to zero.

2 weeks ago when I started the theme about sales my idea was that the site is lacking of low attention to the search engine in faver of some widgets. Then I recived great support from other authors in the forums and I uploaded few items again. The result was 1 sale while my items were on the main page at the “new items” widget and then no sales again. So this turns to be a major problem of AudioJungle.

Maybe the best way to sove it will be to remove all widgeds from the main page and to turn it to an advanced search engine.

73 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
MD9 says

I’m with Biala. This is a bad idea. It will only cause files that are already selling well to sell even better and other good songs will fall through the cracks. It’s great to have such a list available somewhere if customers want to see it, but it shouldn’t be put in front of them on the main page.

Do people really want to buy the same song that a bunch of other people just bought anyway? Wouldn’t you rather have more original music in your productions? And anyway the Popular list almost does what you are asking for already by showing what is being purchased lots in the last week.

I just came to this forum to suggest something different for the front page: http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/front-page-questionsuggestion/36092?page=1#341005

It is better to feature hidden gems on the front page rather than stuff that is already selling.

EDIT : I just realized you didn’t necessarily suggest to have it on the front page. Sorry if that is not what you meant.

116 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
EgoDeus says

+1

213 posts Live Creative!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
BrownHouseMedia says

I think it is a great idea! +1

2140 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

We’re resurrecting an old topic here, but hey, it’s a nice idea and should be considered ;)

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by