632 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

you got lots of rejection I presume

No, i have 17 acceptance and only 2 rejections, 1 of them rejections was eventually accepted, i hear alot of rejections on here. and see that some rejections do not even make sense.

321 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
squaredWeb says

This would create way more problems than it would solve.

Also internet polls are always subject to manipulation, be it from authors themselves or from others who like / dislike an author.

The reviewers on themeforest do a great job in 99% of the time and also provide valuable feedback if you are close enough to get accepted – i wouldnt trade that for a poll.

7566 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

No, i have 17 acceptance and only 1 rejection, i hear alot of rejections on here. and see that some rejections do not even make sense.

If the current system accepted your files without problems for 17 times then where is the problem? Why do you need this change?

The way the reviewing process works now may be far from prefect, but your idea will make things a hell.

This buyers vote is a bad idea. First, because a voting system can be rigged. If someone will ever implement this type of reviewing I can guarantee you that all my items will always get accepted and yours will be reject.

And buyers or any normal person with a job and life to live, have no time to browse hundreds (or more) files every week (for just one marketplace) and vote on each one of them.

632 posts
+5 more
UBLThemes says

No, i have 17 acceptance and only 1 rejection, i hear alot of rejections on here. and see that some rejections do not even make sense.

If the current system accepted your files without problems for 17 times then where is the problem? Why do you need this change?

The way the reviewing process works now may be far from prefect, but your idea will make things a hell.

This buyers vote is a bad idea. First, because a voting system can be rigged. If someone will ever implement this type of reviewing I can guarantee you that all my items will always get accepted and yours will be reject.

And buyers or any normal person with a job and life to live, have no time to browse hundreds (or more) files every week (for just one marketplace) and vote on each one of them.

It works good for other major websites, i dont think i can post on here incase its classed as spamming.

I think you are underestimating the traffic these website generate. at anyone time i bet there are 1000’s on the sites, say only 1% of them vote which is realistic, that would still generate enough exposure and voting to work.

I agree that a polling system can be rigged if not implemented correctly but if they are implemented correctly they can work well.

As for people rigging because they do not like the author. Really how many people would not like the author, if thats the case why does so many people hate the author? lol…

The_Auditory_Group
The_Auditory_Group Recent Posts Threads Started
32 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
The_Auditory_Group says

I think the review process is pretty fair. While its true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder I’m sure the reviewers try to take as much of an unbiased approach as possible, that’s is after all the goal. To create a market place with something for everyone. Also, complicating the process further with more reviewers could triple the review time creating a back log and bottle necking the whole system (to be perfectly honest I don’t really know if the reviewers name I see on the email is the only person who saw/heard my work). The same could be true with peer/client approval, providing there is enough of an incentive to actually get them to do it. I can appreciate the sentiment, and it’s true that there may be a diamond in the rough here and there that gets rejected but I’m afraid, unfortunately, that that’s life. I just make use of those works in another way, nothing gets wasted : )

All the best

426 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

im yet to have any files on TF. but I must say the current system does drive you to do better

When i look at what i tried to submit a couple of weeks back and look at it now, its a totally refined theme

7566 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

It works good for other major websites, i dont think i can post on here incase its classed as spamming.

So there are marketplaces that vote like this or are you referring to reddit or digg?

12 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
purrifur says

Can’t say it’s good. I think that pro reviewers are more objective.

P.S. I had two soft rejections, both were rightly, i admit. It’s very good that reviewers told me that exactly seems to be wrong. After some corrections, my tracks was approved (both cases by another reviewer, by the way).

632 posts
+5 more
UBLThemes says

So there are marketplaces that vote like this or are you referring to reddit or digg?

There are marketplaces that vote like this. One is a T-shirt design website.

632 posts
+5 more
UBLThemes says

I think people are mis understanding the thread.

I am in no way slagging off reviewers of envato!

They do a good job and are skilled at what they do and say. This thread is not insulting them, it is simply stating that just because 1 person likes something does not mean that millions of others do… and vice versa.

To be honest i would not want to be a reviewer on here due to the fact the criteria in which they need to review and to be honest the criticism they get.

This is a thread to improve profits.

Lets face it, if 1000’s of people vote yes to your theme, you know its going to sell well.

If no one votes for your plugin, you know it will not sell very well. That was my point in a voting system.

by
by
by
by
by
by