752 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+7 more
EladChai says

You have on each section tab a “Popular Items” tab, which are last weeks top sold items.
But these items are not from last week… The thread is about new popular files.

Yep.. but nothin’ about it is gonna change, so.. at least he will know about that (if he didn’t yet).

442 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+5 more
ZozoUI says

I it would be better to have new/updated Items featured. We have right just new items. There should be also list for updated items.

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

I it would be better to have new/updated Items featured. We have right just new items. There should be also list for updated items.

There are several dilemmas when it comes to updating your items, let me show you the worst ones on opposite sides of the update size scale:

1) Anyone could abuse this system by releasing small fake updates every day. If review is required then this is what the reviewers will be doing all day long, going through the updates flood to make sure it’s actually a valid update (what is a valid update anyway?).

2) If you take your 3 old product and re-create it from scratch to be so much more awesome and up to date with all these technologies, then themeforest will still not let you release it as a new item. It’s a little crazy. Such old item took for example 500 man hours back in the day, the new would take 2000 and yet it’s still not considered as a “new” item. Even simple desktop applications can be bought version 1 but then you have to pay again to buy version 2. Developers time is not free and Envato should find a way to reflect that.

No.2 could theoretically benefit from such “updated items” section if reviewed properly, on the other hand it’s not suited for situation No.1

442 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+5 more
ZozoUI says

There are several dilemmas when it comes to updating your items, let me show you the worst ones on opposite sides of the update size scale:

1) Anyone could abuse this system by releasing small fake updates every day. If review is required then this is what the reviewers will be doing all day long, going through the updates flood to make sure it’s actually a valid update (what is a valid update anyway?).

2) If you take your 3 old product and re-create it from scratch to be so much more awesome and up to date with all these technologies, then themeforest will still not let you release it as a new item. It’s a little crazy. Such old item took for example 500 man hours back in the day, the new would take 2000 and yet it’s still not considered as a “new” item. Even simple desktop applications can be bought version 1 but then you have to pay again to buy version 2. Developers time is not free and Envato should find a way to reflect that.

No.2 could theoretically benefit from such “updated items” section if reviewed properly, on the other hand it’s not suited for situation No.1

Ok you convince me good points about updated items.

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

I think this has already been suggested many times, but will take forever to ‘consider’. We also suggested better search / filter system, better homepage to improve ‘visibility’ of new items, better rating systems but trust me, this suggestion will probably be ignored like the rest that we have in the ‘queue’ of TF improvements.

394 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Twisterium says

There is such a chart for AJ items. It’s on the AJ radio:

http://www.audiojungleradio.com/?topnew=music
5977 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

It is easy to assume that a TOP NEW list on ThemeForest would someway affect Envato’s share of revenue or few similar things. That’s why it is missing… I guess. As staffs already know that TF’s weekly popular page’s last item has 69 sales now. So it would be a wise decision allowing Top New list that covers sales number atleast upto 30.

The same applies for reason behind poor search system. The poor authors begs Envato for better search for a long time even while knowing it will never happen – on purpose.

Considering the amount of time spent on individual items by authors, ThemeForest deserves such additional options more than any other marketplaces. Sometimes I used think if ThemeForest really deserves the current success – or is it just happened by luck with such basic search/browsing/interface structure.

Business comes first, service goes next last! ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by