• Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
guitarjock says

Hello,

I was thinking that it would be a good idea to have at least three separate sections for the three main types of audio files on the front page, for newly uploaded items.

The one thing I have noticed is that, every now and then, people will upload 10 or more sound effects or logos/idents at one time, practically burying new music files immediately.

I think it might be advantageous to have three sections for newly uploaded files: one for sound effects, one for logos/idents, and one for music files.

Pros: Newly uploaded files have a chance at staying on the front page for a little bit longer.

Cons: Files don’t really get a lot of front page time anyway due to the sheer number of file uploads as it is.

One fix for this might be to limit the number of files an author can have on the front page at a given time. But this really defeats the purpose of letting buyers know what’s new.

So three sections may still be the best answer, mainly because authors would like having that little bit of extra time on the front page.

Does anyone else think three sections may be worth the effort?

50 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Latvia
gastronom22 says
guitarjock said
Hello, I was thinking that it would be a good idea to have at least three separate sections for the three main types of audio files on the front page, for newly uploaded items.
It is a good idea +1
1171 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Reviewer
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+8 more
garethcoker Reviewer says

This has already been implemented – just beside the ‘New Items’ title, you have the ability to filter between ‘All, Music, Music Packs, Sound, Source Files, Logos & Idents, Trax’.

I get where you’re coming from though. it sometimes looks silly when the ‘All’ filter is covered with sound effects.

However – as has been mentioned before – homepage exposure is a vastly overrated aspect of of Audiojungle. Tagging your items and making a good description will help your file be found more easily, and of course making sure it’s good :D

by
by
by
by
by
by