266 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
W3llm4n says
plastic3 said
It is better to sell good since it is now on frontpage :) DarkSunz is now featured author on the front page and the song you posted is one of the three songs from featured author’s showcase. Since featured he has got aroundish 50 sales i recall. I think the sales were 157 and now risen to 200 which shows the power of featured author
You are so naive, my friend:))it seems that competition for TRAX takes a tragicomic turn:)

Hehehe I Agree!

744 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Won a competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TimMcMorris says
You are so naive, my friend:))it seems that competition for TRAX takes a tragicomic turn:)

I believe these are VERY wise words :) ... and most possibly for sure true.

Being featured does not attract THAT much attention.

I don’t usually disclose sales info – but I will for a moment to make a point.

Two days ago I decided “Right now it looks like I am in second place, I really want to make an effort to get some TRAX sales and try to win this thing.”

So I created banners and placed them on all 39 of my items pages soon after I released a new song, so getting some views from the 526 AJ followers as well…I tweeted all day offering special promotions to my 259 twitter followers. I send out youtube bulletins to 231 subscribers and 120 friends, and posted more bulletins to my closer 30+ Google + friends…... plus got my lovely wife to post to her over 2,000 friends on facebook which got re-posted a bunch of times…...oh, I even told all of my friends – “hey guys, purchase these songs already and help me win” :) !!

So all of that effort and reaching potentially 3,166 people…..I got 14 TRAX sales in one day and 2 new referrals. Now I was VERY happy….but it was a LOT of work.

And then I see 50+ sales from nowhere in almost less then 24 hours with no ratings or comments?

hmmm…...

Not saying it’s not possible, but very very very unlikely.

266 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
W3llm4n says

Some people see contests as an investment…They just think they are buying an Ipad and at the same time making some kind of promotion because of the amount of sales people will see in their portfolio….. After all is not a bad idea ;-)

QuadraphonixAssociation
QuadraphonixAssociation Recent Posts Threads Started
1047 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
QuadraphonixAssociation says
timmcmorris said

I believe these are VERY wise words :) ... and most possibly for sure true.

Being featured does not attract THAT much attention.

I don’t usually disclose sales info – but I will for a moment to make a point.

Two days ago I decided “Right now it looks like I am in second place, I really want to make an effort to get some TRAX sales and try to win this thing.”

So I created banners and placed them on all 39 of my items pages soon after I released a new song, so getting some views from the 526 AJ followers as well…I tweeted all day offering special promotions to my 259 twitter followers. I send out youtube bulletins to 231 subscribers and 120 friends, and posted more bulletins to my closer 30+ Google + friends…... plus got my lovely wife to post to her over 2,000 friends on facebook which got re-posted a bunch of times…...oh, I even told all of my friends – “hey guys, purchase these songs already and help me win” :) !!

So all of that effort and reaching potentially 3,166 people…..I got 14 TRAX sales in one day and 2 new referrals. Now I was VERY happy….but it was a LOT of work.

And then I see 50+ sales from nowhere in almost less then 24 hours with no ratings or comments?

hmmm…...

Not saying it’s not possible, but very very very unlikely.

Yes, absolutely right Tim! I thought the contest has already 2 winners, you and Melodality and well deserved anyway! But then this… I mean even our Topseller and Elite author Soundroll does not sell more than 20 tracks in 2-3 hours! Very unlikely is the right word…

680 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

Interesting. If anything shady is going on im sure envato is all over it.

287 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+7 more
DarkSunz says

Hey guys,

I see many of you are speaking about my increase in sales but that also accounts for multiple reasons. One, I actually did earn more sales then usual for my generic/TRAX items since I was featured author. It was a surprising feat, but that of course wouldn’t account for all my total sales. Two, this trax competition. I too have been mass emailing family and friends regarding this competition for over a week. Yes, it is much time and effort to communicate to family and friends regarding such a competition. So, when their feedback was less than positive and my sales returns was quite low for the number emails and phone calls I made, I decided to take things into my own hands. I ended up asking envato support if I could just purchase the TRAX for my family and friends given that they pay me the $2. They told me that as long as I abided by the license rules and I purchased the song multiple times for each family member, it is ok. So, the after getting “pledges” (basically getting the money) from family and friends, I just bought them all this week so that I also earn 70% commission, I didn’t see a harm in what I did and honestly never wanted upset anyone. From the way I see it, I’m not not infringing the rules and simply making the purchasing experience simpler for my family and friends. I hope that clarifies any doubts you have and quite honestly, Timmcmorris and Melodality have such stunning work, its quite impossible to compete with them. I am only trying to stay in the battle, that is all guys. :)

434 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thesecession says

+1 for honesty :)

1184 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says
scoringaudiogeeks said
There is great article http://blog.alexpfeffer.net/?p=299 about winning and losing composer :)

This is a fantastic article. I’ve forwarded it to many friends of mine.

135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
biala says
timmcmorris said
over 2,000 friends on facebook

!!!! That is crazy :) :) :)

This is a small town ;)

claythecinemaguy
claythecinemaguy Recent Posts Threads Started
116 posts
  • Located in United States
claythecinemaguy says

I wish they could lay off the reviews on TRAX (itunes) because, I tried to do a song I really worked hard on and they rejected it. I am not trying to down the reviewers. I just think they could kind of back off. when uploading to TRAX and give us a little break and it takes time. I think it should take less time to post a song on TRAX . I totally agree it’s 2 bucks and 4 bucks (paypal) is just way too much.

by
by
by
by
by
by