135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
biala says

http://audiojungle.net/item/you-are-a-star/471585

This one has too much sales for a TRAX item of an author with only 33 followers ??? It seems that this TRAX Contest is making things worst rather than better.

I was expecting more listeners and buyers attracted to the TRAX section but the result is just some strange sales picks to some specific authors.

I like the idea of having full not royalty free songs at AJ so I really hope that some other steps will be made to bring this TRAX section to live.

These are my advises:

1. Some market refactoring to allow users to buy trax without signing in and creating accounts.

2. Prices could go down to the iTunes levels.

3. AJ may offer radio streams with TRAX and even may offer compilations with best of the TRAX

4. Grouping trax by author will also help

335 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
tiam says

Good feedback! The items that has ben selling a lot on Trax are probably friends and relatives buying but thats fair enough I think! However to make Trax more attractive I think you have some really good points. :)

679 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

Good idea for Trax.

I dont think there’s anything suspicious about the sales though considering theres an author here with over 1,000 sales and less than 15 followers.

267 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
+8 more
dejans says

Some valid points here. Indeed, it would REAAALLY help a lot to not having to make account to be able to purchase trax…

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
592 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
scoringaudiogeeks says

It is better to sell good since it is now on frontpage :) DarkSunz is now featured author on the front page and the song you posted is one of the three songs from featured author’s showcase. Since featured he has got aroundish 50 sales i recall. I think the sales were 157 and now risen to 200 which shows the power of featured author :)

679 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says
scoringaudiogeeks said
It is better to sell good since it is now on frontpage :) DarkSunz is now featured author on the front page and the song you posted is one of the three songs from featured author’s showcase. Since featured he has got aroundish 50 sales i recall. I think the sales were 157 and now risen to 200 which shows the power of featured author :)
I’ve been watching it to see how much difference it makes and it’s really hits or miss. The last author barely had any movement at all. same with ProTunes when he was there.
738 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
plastic3 says
It is better to sell good since it is now on frontpage :) DarkSunz is now featured author on the front page and the song you posted is one of the three songs from featured author’s showcase. Since featured he has got aroundish 50 sales i recall. I think the sales were 157 and now risen to 200 which shows the power of featured author
You are so naive, my friend:))it seems that competition for TRAX takes a tragicomic turn:)
335 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
tiam says
plastic3 said
It is better to sell good since it is now on frontpage :) DarkSunz is now featured author on the front page and the song you posted is one of the three songs from featured author’s showcase. Since featured he has got aroundish 50 sales i recall. I think the sales were 157 and now risen to 200 which shows the power of featured author
You are so naive, my friend:))it seems that competition for TRAX takes a tragicomic turn:)

+1

scoringaudiogeeks
592 posts
+5 more
scoringaudiogeeks says
ZtarrZound said
I’ve been watching it to see how much difference it makes and it’s really hits or miss. The last author barely had any movement at all. same with ProTunes when he was there.

Yes that’s true too. I usually take screengrabs from author pages i monitor so it is easy to compare like starting of featured author day and the ending of the week etc.

scoringaudiogeeks
592 posts
+5 more
scoringaudiogeeks says
plastic3 said

We decided not to attend on TRAX since so far Melodality and Tim Mcmorris owns it hands down :)

All in all negativity doesn’t get anything done. So I prefer positivity and the cup is always half full :D

There is great article http://blog.alexpfeffer.net/?p=299 about winning and losing composer :)

by
by
by
by
by
by