I get number of visits and time etc but nothing else, this is just with default server analytics, havent had time to get properly into it
I started something which I never quite got around to finishing, I’ll send you an email, I’ll need a little favour to get any further with it.
So does anyone have any evidence – anecdotal even – of how users are ending up on a particular item? Google search?
Davidfromafrica, I am glad you have put this on the table. I had also started a similar thread “Google Analytics Integration” but had no satisfactory answers. I have faced the same problem like you and there are many more. Envato should seriously take some action reg this matter at this point.
Currently If you just past Google analytic snippet on your item page it may work but the the ugly snippet is visible to the visitors.
Lets see what envato plans for us
+1 for a more integrated solution for this in the future, but I understand that this is pretty low priority. As an author though, I’d gladly pay a premium ($20/mo) for a more powerful set of tracking tools that were integrated into the Envato marketplace. Something akin to a “Pro” account would be pretty nice.
Until then, I happen to use a combination of DTbaker’s stats solution http://codecanyon.net/item/envato-statistics-dashboard/52089
...as well as a Google Analytics campaign for each of my live previews.
So basically, there is no way of tracking how visitors get to your pages without any action on envato’s part. Hope that helped
I might have a temporary solution for you guys. (Until Envato gives us more stats rights)
It is a free counter/stats service called: www.statcounter.com
You register and then you only have to include a code (html) into your page (item, profile… etc) and you can even choose the counter to be invisible.
You can see:
- Recent visitors (unique and returning)
- Entry page (which of the page where you code is)
- Location (Host Name / IP )
- Recent visitor map (Google maps with pointers where the visitros come from)
- Browsers (list of browsers and the number of visitors using them)
- Operating system used (WinXP, etc…)
- Date and time of the recent visits.
all that is posible with that service. I love that the counter can be chosen to be invisible.
There is also a paid service from them. In case you need more.
Here is a live demo from how the counter works: live demo
The only problem is that when you create a code to insert, you have to delete the “enters” of the code (breaks) manually (just 3 or 4) in order for it to work. (Obvious… I know…. if not the code would not be understood… hehe. )
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.