20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
davidfromafrica says

Hi everyone

I’ve seen this come up a number of times on the forum and it relates to tracking your individual portfolio items and getting detailed statistics on the visitors & buyers. important things in my mind are how the traffic is arriving at an item (referral, site search, search engine search etc), views to conversions, visitor actions. etc

Right now, everything just feels so blind – like you throw some stuff up there and kind of cross your fingers. Once an item sinks off the front page, you really have no idea how users are getting to it. Site Search? Google seach? Followers? A random collection? Browsing categories? A flickr group? Sales in categories?

There’s just no way of telling!!! And its kinda frustrating cause you can’t tailor anything without this information.

I tried implementing a free java tracking script (http://getclicky.com) on an item but it’s not quite what i’m looking for. It does allow me to see visitors, locations and some other stuff, but unfortunately, doesn’t seem to be tracking keywords or referrers.

So my questions:

• Can any of the envato devs comment on whether more details statistics are planned for authors
  • Has anyone implemented a free java or html script on an item that allows for more detailed tracking – specifically where users are coming from, including keyword searches?
  • does anyone have any thoughts on what’s driving traffic to items? I mean some of my itmes are not particularly high sellers, but they still accrue sales and i really have no idea how people are arriving at them. I’m guessing keywords are big for the site search?

Anyone – thoughts???? Comments, Suggestions?

675 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
dexterous says

Well, agreed that little more info about these will be great … but for right now, I am using the method of throwing things here and crossing the fingers ;-)

8281 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

I remember hearing that alot of the traffic arrives from google… alot is probably cross marketplace now as well…

I have a 1×1 gif on my pages so I can see the number of visits but it would be nice to see a full list of stats…

1722 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

Support told me that I’m free to use google analytics in my fullscreen previews. However, on item pages there is not much we can do. Placing individual flag counters can help a bit. But I don’t care that much.

3726 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says
I have a 1×1 gif on my pages so I can see the number of visits but it would be nice to see a full list of stats…

Can’t you pull those stats out when people load that gif as well? Or do you need Javascript?

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says
Support told me that I’m free to use google analytics in my fullscreen previews. However, on item pages there is not much we can do. Placing individual flag counters can help a bit. But I don’t care that much.

How can you put analytics without verifying it? Unless you’re using an iframe…

1553 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says
I wanted to ask the same question
77 posts Elite Author
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
mbiz says

You put it in your live preview pages under your own domain, no need for iframe.

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/statistics-about-your-theme-viewers-trick/20262

+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

thats only if you want the expense of hosting it yourself, plus you cant see where most of your visitors have come from other than the profile page…

+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
Can’t you pull those stats out when people load that gif as well? Or do you need Javascript?

I get number of visits and time etc but nothing else, this is just with default server analytics, havent had time to get properly into it :(

by
by
by
by
by
by