261 posts WordPress Theme Devoloper
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
kayapati says

Hi TF friends and mates

I would thankful to the Envato Market Place, I am Freelance web designer and was getting the projects from other market place before TF starts, I wasn’t getting good enough bucks for even I put maximum effort , but after I start working for TF items, really I am getting good amount of money and decided to start small firm by hiring 3-4 designers and programmers by setting up small office, is it wise decision?

I feel some one already might be faced this situation and experienced it.

I request TF community to share their views on the above topic.

Thanks Ram

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Elab says

Well my $.02 for you is pursuing clients is alot different than building for TF. Clients want what they want and it’s your job to do it. Sometimes this means making something you wouldn’t normally do to please someone else. You seem to be very successful on TF taking care of just ONE client. I knew some firms that used to turn out 200 sites a month but I counted 16 themes and 17 html items with over 1500 sales total in over a year. That’s a very nice ratio you have for just making sure one client is happy. Most clients are not like TF. lol.

Honestly, there is always a better way but you are getting a VERY large return for your time right now. Pursuing clients will change all of that because it becomes about them and they can be diverse and very demanding. If that is something you don’t mind, then by all means go for it. Find your skill and magnify it. You have some nice designs and people will ALWAYS need new and fresh designs.

I would say try it out first small to get a feel for it, if you like it then pursue it. I’m personally leaning more away from client works and more to personal projects because of the amount of time I spend working. Everyone is different so it’s really about your situations and goals but I think if you enjoy web work and you have a demand for your time, by all means you should be able to profit from it.

I hope this helps some, if any. You can keep the change. :)

261 posts WordPress Theme Devoloper
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
kayapati says
Well my $.02 for you is pursuing clients is alot different than building for TF. Clients want what they want and it’s your job to do it. Sometimes this means making something you wouldn’t normally do to please someone else. You seem to be very successful on TF taking care of just ONE client. I knew some firms that used to turn out 200 sites a month but I counted 16 themes and 17 html items with over 1500 sales total in over a year. That’s a very nice ratio you have for just making sure one client is happy. Most clients are not like TF. lol.

Honestly, there is always a better way but you are getting a VERY large return for your time right now. Pursuing clients will change all of that because it becomes about them and they can be diverse and very demanding. If that is something you don’t mind, then by all means go for it. Find your skill and magnify it. You have some nice designs and people will ALWAYS need new and fresh designs.

I would say try it out first small to get a feel for it, if you like it then pursue it. I’m personally leaning more away from client works and more to personal projects because of the amount of time I spend working. Everyone is different so it’s really about your situations and goals but I think if you enjoy web work and you have a demand for your time, by all means you should be able to profit from it.

I hope this helps some, if any. You can keep the change. :)

Thank you Elab

73 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
illusionem says

Hi Congrats, u r from India ryt… be sure to do all your paper work right you may know doing work for International clients would require you to register under FEMA .

by
by
by
by
by
by