Hey AJ community, it’s me again with quite a specific request. I am looking for a musical piece which will serve as a background track for an animation I am working on as a sound designer. Please pay attention to how I’m describing the music, I’ll try and write everything that comes to my mind. Usually users reply to me that I’m not specific enough but whatever I leave out in the description is intentional, I want to leave a bit of space there so each and every one of you guys can interpret my description freely.
Here’s what the animation illustrates: First of all we have all sorts of logistical problems and errors enumerated regarding the administration of a company, then the resolution of these problems comes in. This means that we need something that is quite disturbed at the beginning. There is a buildup of frenzy, speed, inaccuracies, and panic visually, the music should add to this atmosphere, meaning that there should be some kind of tension showing how the problems really mess up the whole situation of the company. We’re excluding genres like fully electronic club music, harder rock pieces, and very folky approaches. It’s after all a corporate video illustrating how several problems can cause quite a mess and how these problems can be resolved.
So there’s disturbance, rhythm, inaccuracy, tension in the beginning that eases out and turns into a more melodic and simple instrumentation. Something that went wrong turns out to be okay…in a CORPORATE setting. That would be the synopsis of the whole deal.
The tension I’m talking about can be illustrated with chord structures and instrumentation as well. I’m not talking about a wagnerian Tristan and Isolde piece here, where there’s tension in the chords already. Think of all the ways tension could be illustrated with music without it becoming absurd or very rock and roll. I’m looking for a contrast between complexity and simplicity in this track which can be illustrated with rhythm, melodies.
It all starts out with problems and then we get the tension off with simplicity.
What would you recommend?
Hello! You have a very specific request there. I’ll try to suggest some of the pieces I think would fit your project best.
1) Corageous Decision This one starts out very mysterious and tense and finally changes into something triumphant and successful.
2) Island of Hidden Hope. This piece has a contrast as it starts out slow but then changes and builds fast.
3) Steps of Hope. This piece starts out tense and mysterious but finally builds into into something successful and positive.
I’d like to suggest that you could either combine two different tracks, one being tense and the other being more like the corporate motivational stuff you’re looking for. In this case for the tense part, I can suggest the following tracks:
1) Traitor Aboard Very tense and mysterious.
2) Criminal Investigation This one is tense and gives a suspicious feeling too.
3) Mysterious Documentary This one creates a very tense and mysterious atmosphere.
For the motivational part, you could try this tracks:
1) As Light as Air This track is positive, inspirational and simply beautiful.
2) Active Strings Happy and positive composition.
3) Trading in my Corporate This is a positive and motivational track.
Finally, I’m suggesting you a particular piece, All Hopes are Gone in the Dark, maybe won’t really fit your needs but I suggest you check it out, who know
You have a nice interesting project there, I wish you good luck with everything. Hope I helped you, let us know how the project turns out!
I have a few tracks that might work:
1) A Prime Suspect – this definitely has tension, with some different dramatic sections to provide some emotional range. You could easily cut out the more ambient beginning and start around 0:19 where the tension starts to build. Around 1:30 there’s a break and it goes more empowering – still dramatic though, not overly “light/positive”.
2) A Special Purpose – this piece has some emotional tension, but in a more neutral ambiguous way that’s not overly “dark” or “light”, and I think conforms well to whatever visual context it is behind. There’s a sense of movement to it that could work well with what you’ve described.
Lotus is probably right in that I think you may have to combine more than one track – most of what’s sold here in AJ sticks to one style or another to give a consistent mood to the track. In that it may be easiest trying to find two different piano-only pieces and try combining those, as it may be harder to mesh different styles of more complex tracks. If you need customization of a particular track of mine I’m certainly open to that, and will at least give you a head start.
Best of luck!
I have a track that might be able to serve the first part of your animation – combining it with another track might be the solution. Check outhttp://audiojungle.net/item/science-breakthrough/3955657
Hope you find what you’re looking for on AJ!
http://audiojungle.net/item/unlimited-power/3947349 after 1:59 it’s open and hopeful.
Is the second too hard? I can make it softer if you like or make the “happy” part earlier. If you like more mess in it in the beginning, I can modify this for free too
On both I could make you a “messed up” Intro for free
this one is pretty psychedelic actually and has some trippy sounds so its possible it may fithttp://audiojungle.net/item/yoga-ambience/3728252
I think these could work for you:http://audiojungle.net/item/mixed-emotions/3681875
Here’s my suggestions, my english isn’t THAT good, but i tried to understand most of it