2952 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Do you guys have something like this? I want to buy one and I’m looking for good suggestion.

116 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
dejans7 says

Why do you need such thing, if i might ask :D ?

Anyway, the light that comes from the Sun is Ultraviolet (UV) light. So maybe you can try to find some UV lamp, but i don’t know alot about those lamps and i don’t know are they efficient. Because the light that comes from the Sun to us, on earth’s surface is UVA subtype of UV light.

UVA (Ultraviolet A) light is a long wave UV light and it has a wavelenght of about 300nm – 400nm (check this, i maybe forgot the exact numbers), so if those UV lamps can produce light with such wave lenght, they are probably something what you are looking for.

2952 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Because I live in Canada and winter season is long and there is less sun and days are shorter .. at 4pm it’s dark here .. So we don’t have enough sun and Vitamin D ..

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Yup have a friend who just bought exactly what you are looking for :) – here is a link

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/light-therapy/golite-blu-hf3321_60/prd/

Not exactly to replace the Sun but if you are looking for the same effect the Sun gives aparantly this is it – and he says it’s VERY bright – but works.

Hope that helps

1012 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
wizylabs says

Yup have a friend who just bought exactly what you are looking for :) – here is a link

Not exactly to replace the Sun but if you are looking for the same effect the Sun gives aparantly this is it – and he says it’s VERY bright – but works.

Hope that helps

I read on some where that these things are harmful and can cause skin cancer!

1734 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

I really thought you needed it for the sun eclipse we had here. :D lol

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Hope that helps

well erm… so does the Sun…?

1012 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
wizylabs says

Hope that helps
well erm… so does the Sun…?

but I mean, its more harmful than the sun :D im unsure though, ill have to dig in my bookmarks to get that article :D

4905 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Hey Dany, check out this site: http://www.ottlite.com/

A friend of mine has what he calls “Winter Depression”. He would always go into this deep depression every Winter and just thought he had some chemical imbalance. After going to a few doctors he found out that he has a real condition. During the Winter months when the sun is further away, and we get less sunlight each day, it would lower his energy, and cause a depression. He bought a few of these Ott Lights, one desk lamp, and one stand up one for his room. He loves them and said he no longer feels depressed during the Winter due to the lamps.

From my experience, they’re supposed to produce the full spectrum of light to match the sun. You can also get generic light bulbs that are much cheaper called Full Spectrum Bulbs. I bought a few, but found out they don’t work with the lighting in my house…they produced a very bright and white light, but my fixtures we’re supported so there was a subtle flicker that was slowly driving me mad, so I had to return them.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

Hey Dany, check out this site: http://www.ottlite.com/

A friend of mine has what he calls “Winter Depression”. He would always go into this deep depression every Winter and just thought he had some chemical imbalance. After going to a few doctors he found out that he has a real condition. During the Winter months when the sun is further away, and we get less sunlight each day, it would lower his energy, and cause a depression. He bought a few of these Ott Lights, one desk lamp, and one stand up one for his room. He loves them and said he no longer feels depressed during the Winter due to the lamps.

From my experience, they’re supposed to produce the full spectrum of light to match the sun. You can also get generic light bulbs that are much cheaper called Full Spectrum Bulbs. I bought a few, but found out they don’t work with the lighting in my house…they produced a very bright and white light, but my fixtures we’re supported so there was a subtle flicker that was slowly driving me mad, so I had to return them.

Hey thanks Mark!

What I heard is that it take a certain amount of luminosity in the eyes for the brain to understand it’s not the night anymore .. but in winter, the intensity isnt enough so your brain think it’s always the night .. that’s why we have to trick them with these lights :)

by
by
by
by
by
by