Sometimes I dont understant why my tracks is rejected.
I uploaded one track. Inspector wrote: “There are some nice ideas here, but there are several passages that do not sound well executed and/or arranged, for a professional commercial application setting. For this reason we won’t be able to approve this submission.”
Ok, not first time. I understand, that first 40 seconds was my mistake (I repited twice the same).
But after I recieved answer: “If you can remove the intro and improve the sound quality of the remaining track you may resubmit as a new upload. Just explain to the reviewer that although it was hard rejected you have been given permission to make improvements and re-upload. (explain what improvements you have done)”
And the main qwestion – whats wrong with sound? Really, I dont understand… I really dont know what I have change?
Please, what do you think?http://soundcloud.com/borissevastyanov/you-can-change-the-world-by
May be it sounds deafly?
Needs more high frequencies? harmonics?
Hey man, I’m pretty new to this site but I’ve done some work in this type of industry. What they’re talking about is the cleanliness of the sound and production, in order to use it for commercial purposes it needs to sound really engineered, I don’t think they’re criticising the composition or the actual music, I’d look over the audio file and check that there aren’t any messy sounding bits.
Hope that was helpful!
- Exclusive Author
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Was featured in a podcast
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Referred between 200 and 499 users
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
I have listened to your complete track. To be honest, i can’t exactly tell you where the problem is with that track, i could only give you my thoughts about it :
- The ending is to abrupt / short.
- Try to make the string section a bit louder, more dominant ( just sligthly ).
- Maybe shorten the track completely, as it’s a bit repetitive.
This are not realy issues, just a personal question of taste and feeling. I would maybe ask for some more details regarding the rejection of the file to know for sure.
Hope this helps a bit, maybe some more authors give you their ideas as well.
Thank you, guys!
I forgot write, that it is looped track, so ending must be short.
Hello! My opinion is that the rhytm section doesnt sound as it could. What effects did you use on the kick and snare? It is your own recording of the drums?
It is little chorus on drums, may sound more strong (imho, I like it ). It is drums from library.
Chorus is generally not good effect for drums. It makes drums sounds sound like if they was recorded in the bathroom and you dont want
Its because of the echo the chorus creates by doubling the sounds, this may help a bit:
- turn off the chorus and keep the kick and snare dry for now - try boosting frequency with EQ a bit around 3.5 – 8 kHz on the snare for more presence - compression may tighten up transients of the kick and snare for bigger starting punch - give the snare some reverb but leave kick without effects
Hope it helps a bit!