• Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Hi guys, I have just checked my server stats and I haver crossed the transfer limit on my server for this month over 140GB… how is that possible? Yeah I have TF and CC files on there, but they get around 1k views a day so I think 140GB a month is a little bit too large, how can I check what is eating the transfer? Are there any tools for that?

2157 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

I have just done quick math, if site with flip book weights 10MB then 1k users a day itd 10GB a day… ok I guess it is possible :O Anyway my above question is still valid.

1080 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
damojo says

I also generate 50 GB of traffic each month just with images hosted on my server. Its very possible :)

Does your hoster not have any monitoring tools like AWstats?

629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

Eating lots of bandwidth is very very possible. I suggest getting more.

10GB a day.

140 GB/Month

140/10 = 14 days.

2157 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

I also generate 50 GB of traffic each month just with images hosted on my server. Its very possible :) Does your hoster not have any monitoring tools like AWstats?

Probably has but I will have to somehow find access to them, I am a real noob when it comes to servers ;P

1799 posts
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
BroOf says

Hi guys, I have just checked my server stats and I haver crossed the transfer limit on my server for this month over 140GB… how is that possible? Yeah I have TF and CC files on there, but they get around 1k views a day so I think 140GB a month is a little bit too large, how can I check what is eating the transfer? Are there any tools for that?

Wow, that’s a lot! To reduce you could upload your images to amazom s3 or something else.

397 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
theAlThemist says

I am really confused on how your hosting providers work. My hosting provider have a pack which costs 6 USD /month and what I get is:

37555 MB space 3755 GB traffic 500 mail boxes 7 Add–on domains 45 MySQL v.4 ? 5 500 subdomains 45 FTP users SSH access PHP / Perl / Python etc, etc

ASP .NET with PLESK + Windows Server 2008 + IIS 7 .5

- OR _

Linux + cPanel + Fantastico + Apache

And for bigger plans (15 USD /month) you get unlimited traffic.

I thought in bigger countries with a way bigger competition the prices would be cheaper than here in Bulgaria. And my company servers are located in EU and USA .

*Note: These are official prices, and I am using lower prices as an affiliate partner.

265 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Finland
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SubsonicDesign says

I am really confused on how your hosting providers work. My hosting provider have a pack which costs 6 USD /month and what I get is:

37555 MB space 3755 GB traffic 500 mail boxes 7 Add–on domains 45 MySQL v.4 ? 5 500 subdomains 45 FTP users SSH access PHP / Perl / Python etc, etc

ASP .NET with PLESK + Windows Server 2008 + IIS 7 .5

- OR _

Linux + cPanel + Fantastico + Apache

And for bigger plans (15 USD /month) you get unlimited traffic.

I thought in bigger countries with a way bigger competition the prices would be cheaper than here in Bulgaria. And my company servers are located in EU and USA .

*Note: These are official prices, and I am using lower prices as an affiliate partner.

The difference is that you are using shared hosting. It means that you don’t have an unique ip and own server because many other sites are hosted in the same domain.. :) If you rent a dedicated server (for example), you’ll have much more control over your website and your website will be much faster in many cases. It also means that the price will go up fast.

I’m not an expert in this area but I used to have a shared hosting account on Godaddy and when it became too slow I moved to Mediatemple and got my own dedicated server account (50$/month) :)

397 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
theAlThemist says

As an affiliate partner I perfectly know the difference between dedicated, VPS and shared hosting! ;)

And still – even the lowest VPS plan (34 USD /month) of my hosting provider offers 1000 GB transfer.

265 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Finland
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SubsonicDesign says

As an affiliate partner I perfectly know the difference between dedicated, VPS and shared hosting! ;) And still – even the lowest VPS plan (34 USD /month) of my hosting provider offers 1000 GB transfer.

Lol, my mistake ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by