332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

@contempoinc: I look forward to your new theme. I don’t mean to keep mentioning Phi but there is a reason why top authors get their distinction. Themes like his and Kriesi’s come chockful of all imaginable features and pre-designed page examples whether needed or no, while still selling for the same $35 which keeps them selling over the slew of newer themes.

I also want to add another feature to my wishlist, which is options for stretched or boxed layout, more home page permutations, the ability of sliders to adjust to image sizes and header and footer background selectors with font color options.

548 posts
tonvie says

Could have sworn this has all been discussed before, perhaps not as polite :P

If I could add things I think would help:

- Truly adjustable logo – like it or not, I don’t decide how big the logo is, the customer does…and guess what? They almost ALWAYS want it BIGGER .

- Place to put phone number and social icons in the header. Almost without fail everyone has asked, why are my social icons in the footer??

- Adjustable Nav – align right or left

- Second Cline123 for boxed or stretched layout (I know it’s not possible on all designs)

- Second Cline123 for Height adjustable slider/Anything content slider

I would normally have more gripes but just having gotten done working with U-Design theme which is damn near perfect, I’m in a pretty good mood today :D

548 posts
tonvie says

Oh, and seems like more and more of you authors are going with a white label admin…THANK YOU !!! THAT is a true PREMIUM theme ;)

438 posts
  • Located in United States
christopherjon says
Oh, and seems like more and more of you authors are going with a white label admin…THANK YOU !!! THAT is a true PREMIUM theme
It’s an awful idea for designers.

Unfortunately, most designers are not business people and they don’t really understand how badly they are shooting themselves in the foot just to attract a few extra sales.

Authors should be charging more for white label themes or ThemeForest should bump up the base price for all themes. U Deisgn should be selling for $50 minimum and the same could be said for a lot of other great themes.

:)

548 posts
tonvie says

No argument there… I think.

I’ve repeatedly argued for 60 dollar unbranded themes that are more thoroughly tested. I’d pay it all day long.

Otherwise, White Label Admin over at CC gets my money for a new license automatically when I buy a new theme. So I’m already paying 55 bucks for a theme.

438 posts
christopherjon says
the ability of sliders to adjust to image sizes. Second Cline123 for Height adjustable slider/Anything content slider

With this, are you referring to the sliders where each individual slide changes height according to the image and content? Or, just more slider size and height variations?

I’ve seen a couple of newer themes that use the first option and to be honest it drives me nuts. You’re trying to read something and every time the slider changes your content is moving up and down the page.

46 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
meydjer says
I’ve seen a couple of newer themes that use the first option and to be honest it drives me nuts. You’re trying to read something and every time the slider changes your content is moving up and down the page.

+1

143 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
cramdesign says

I definitely agree with the unbranded admin. Just make it look like it is part of WordPress.

548 posts
tonvie says
christopherjon said
the ability of sliders to adjust to image sizes. Second Cline123 for Height adjustable slider/Anything content slider

With this, are you referring to the sliders where each individual slide changes height according to the image and content? Or, just more slider size and height variations?

Yes, the first option like Kreisi’s Broadscope does. Second option is better than nothing though.

Customers in my experience get frustrated over finding the perfect picture for the slideshow just for me to turn around and tell them it won’t work, find another one.

It stops the endless dithering over which pictures to use.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says
christopherjon said

I agree with the visual issue with changing height. I meant the option more for using images of the same height but at least I can determine what that height is.

by
by
by
by
by
by