75 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
lion-audio says

Hi everyone. I’m fairly new to AJ (since january). I uploaded some tracks and are now uploading more frequently in order to get where we all want to get : getting paid for doing what we love!! I regularly read the AJ forums and really do appreciate the thoughts and opinions of all you guys. In order to promote and sell your music, and, as it is suggested in the “how to promote your music” thread, you have to become proactive. so here are my questions:

What social media do you use to promote your music?

how much time (hrs per week) do you spend being active at your networks?

Do you sell significantly more, having your items promoted in your social networks (not sure if that is a question with straight answers since you wouldn’t probably know how your sales went without promotion)?

reason i’m asking is: i never used facebook, twitter etc. and i’m not sure if i should start using them just for the sake of possible sales. It think it eats up a lot of time i would rather spend making music.. .

thanks for sharing, alex

736 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Won a competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

Hey Alex!

My advise is this: social media is only good for promotion when it’s social.

What do I mean by that? Well, no one is going to really pay attention to anything that is just constantly blasting new links to your work. I mean, sure all the AJ people may follow it – but you need the people who will purchase your music to follow you.

In all the things I have tried, it has been a simple mix of advertisements for my work along with thing like humor, inspiring quotes or stories, interesting articles and other good info that will keep people around long enough to actually look at the links to any work I post.

When things are kept balanced (in my opinion) that is when they are the most effective. It’s incredibly powerful when used correctly but entirely frustrating and ineffective when done improperly.

Good luck my friend :)

KabbalisticVillage
KabbalisticVillage Recent Posts Threads Started
836 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
KabbalisticVillage says

Basically what tim said.I look around different forums specifically on Reddit there is a sub called Music Requests and people are always looking for tracks.I upload my tracks to youtube and use good titles and tags to get people.

139 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
AmethistLab says

Hey Alex,

Welcome to the community!!!

Obviously after Tims reply there is nothing much to say.

It’s my first year too and although i am involved in the social media i see mainly responses from contributors and not buyers. Nothing wrong with that as you will meet a lot of interesting people and possibly learn a lot (like we do here). But if it’s about the money, you need to approach the social media on a different angle. For that obviously i am not the man to advice you.

Obviously Tim has that formula spot on :)

Also thank you KabbalisticVillage on the Reddit tip.

75 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
lion-audio says

thanks guys. i think it will be the next step after spicing up my profile here. have a good day!

by
by
by
by
by
by