2234 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

Hey everybody, I see a lot of items here using facebook, twitter etc. icons. Some of them are barely edited.

So I’m wondering, can I include these Icons in my projects without worrying about copyright?

Greetings, Tobi

3925 posts After Effects Templates
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says
911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

Hey TTProductions, The social networks allow their icons to be used and distributed – just check their terms of use and logo policies to see what they say. Often they have standard buttons that can be used by anyone but they don’t generally allow design modifications. I hope this helps, Carmen

2234 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

Hi, thanks for your answers.

Well, I’ve read the license agreement on twitter.com, but there it states: the logo may not be modified in any way. (Just as you said carmen).

And now there is this social icon package miseld posted above, which gives me the right to do anything with it. So, the question is, if I take these icons and use them in my projects, am I the one who breaks the license agreement or the one who made the icon package?

As far as I know, it’s my fault if I use copyrighted stuff, even if the person I got it from tells me that I may use it. Just like in the creative common-article which was posted some days ago.

But nevertheless, even if Twitter clearly states that the modification of their logo is illegal, I can find several projects here doing exactly this.

Maybe thats some legal grey-area, or the german twitter-page simply says something different than the US-Version. So I guess I’m right if I say that there is no exact answer to how legal this is?

by
by
by
by
by
by