• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Germany
+1 more
Creattive says

Hey everybody, I see a lot of items here using facebook, twitter etc. icons. Some of them are barely edited.

So I’m wondering, can I include these Icons in my projects without worrying about copyright?

Greetings, Tobi

3769 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
miseld says
897 posts Community Officer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+4 more
Carmen Staff says

Hey TTProductions, The social networks allow their icons to be used and distributed – just check their terms of use and logo policies to see what they say. Often they have standard buttons that can be used by anyone but they don’t generally allow design modifications. I hope this helps, Carmen

1682 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Germany
+1 more
Creattive says

Hi, thanks for your answers.

Well, I’ve read the license agreement on twitter.com, but there it states: the logo may not be modified in any way. (Just as you said carmen).

And now there is this social icon package miseld posted above, which gives me the right to do anything with it. So, the question is, if I take these icons and use them in my projects, am I the one who breaks the license agreement or the one who made the icon package?

As far as I know, it’s my fault if I use copyrighted stuff, even if the person I got it from tells me that I may use it. Just like in the creative common-article which was posted some days ago.

But nevertheless, even if Twitter clearly states that the modification of their logo is illegal, I can find several projects here doing exactly this.

Maybe thats some legal grey-area, or the german twitter-page simply says something different than the US-Version. So I guess I’m right if I say that there is no exact answer to how legal this is?

by
by
by
by
by
by