2217 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Hello!

I’ve searched forums but I couldn’t find satisfactory answer. Sorry if there is answer already somewhere, but I just couldn’t find it.

Anyway, the question: I’ve created 3D renders of icons for facebook, twitter and RSS and wanted to upload them to 3D Renders category, but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to do that. Now when I think about it, I guess I am not, but I wanted to make sure and ask here for your help. I’m additionally confused because I see social media icon packs being available for sale on GraphicRiver.

So, are these forbidden to be uploaded for sale because of copyright? And if yes, are they all forbidden, or are there any that aren’t? :)

Thanks! ;)

1437 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

I think the best step is to reach out to Support. They are in the right position to clear the smoke for you. After you open a support ticket, tweet it – it works faster that way.

Best of luck!

1264 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

I think the best step is to reach out to Support. They are in the right position to clear the smoke for you. After you open a support ticket, tweet it – it works faster that way. Best of luck!

I think that’s allowed. How other users have social icon pacs?

2217 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

Don’t take anything for granted just because others are doing it. It’s best if you find a documentation or any other proof to be 100% sure of something, regarding copyrights, because it’s a very slippery area. One (honest) mistake and you can get into a lot of trouble ;)

Regarding the support, (I believe) I’ve read a couple of times on Forums that support doesn’t feel like giving copyright-related advices. But anyway, I will contact them, as I don’t have any other solution, as it seems :) I’ve found a few documents (regarding the copyright of the RSS (or feed) icon) but I am not that sure with my English knowledge to be 100% sure of what they actually say :D

Anyway, thanks for your replies, fellas ;)

1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

urbazon is right. I have also put this question here four months ago, there was no answer for it. I think its a hot potato. Everybody knows it should be eaten but nobody want to touch it. One of my project is sleeping here on my desk because of the same reason. I have an idea for a solution, but i need to invest more work into that how to prepare that safe by-pass road. But im sure that way definitely works.

2217 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

I’ve received an official answer from the Twitter trademark support person:

“Thank you for your inquiry. The Twitter “t” is several years retired from use as the Twitter logo. Additionally, we ask that there be no alteration or sale of our marks.”

I’d recommend leaving the hot potato on the table :)

I’m still investigating about the RSS icon. I found for sure that it’s licensed under the GPL licence, but I’m still struggling with understanding the license because it’s written in formal English which makes it harder for me to “process” it :) It would be wonderful if somebody could help me with understanding whether the works released under the GPL license can be edited and published/sold as stock files or not.

188 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
Suhandi says

Don’t take anything for granted just because others are doing it. It’s best if you find a documentation or any other proof to be 100% sure of something, regarding copyrights, because it’s a very slippery area. One (honest) mistake and you can get into a lot of trouble ;)

Regarding the support, (I believe) I’ve read a couple of times on Forums that support doesn’t feel like giving copyright-related advices. But anyway, I will contact them, as I don’t have any other solution, as it seems :) I’ve found a few documents (regarding the copyright of the RSS (or feed) icon) but I am not that sure with my English knowledge to be 100% sure of what they actually say :D

Anyway, thanks for your replies, fellas ;)

+1 agree with urbazon :)

by
by
by
by
by
by