• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says
Greysound said
SonicCube said
Sorry to say

but as you can see, not many people from AJ even joined this thread. Why ? Because for AJ authors it’s an absolute useless and unfair tool. What you hear ( in the preview ) is what you get. There are no fancy codes or tool implemented in audiofiles, so why should someone rate about the usage of a file ? IF a buyer rates, then it’s mostly about taste, and this is useless.

Just my thoughts about the rating system for audiofiles.
Hey SonicCube, I am here, and I wonder if you ever had one of your items rated below 3 stars.. Well it happened to me a couple of times, when there is absolutely no reason! I think you got my point. By the way, I agree it is useless and unfair for us (AJ authors). It was useless and unfair and now it is turning into some harmful and abusive tool.

Yeah, I have to agree with this.

I’ve also had a few examples of bad ratings for no (obvious) reasons, although the sfx in preview file is the same as sfx in the zip.

Ratings are meaningless on AudioJungle (although they might be useful for source files…?)

1103 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
SonicCube says
Greysound said
SonicCube said
Sorry to say

but as you can see, not many people from AJ even joined this thread. Why ? Because for AJ authors it’s an absolute useless and unfair tool. What you hear ( in the preview ) is what you get. There are no fancy codes or tool implemented in audiofiles, so why should someone rate about the usage of a file ? IF a buyer rates, then it’s mostly about taste, and this is useless.

Just my thoughts about the rating system for audiofiles.
Hey SonicCube, I am here, and I wonder if you ever had one of your items rated below 3 stars.. Well it happened to me a couple of times, when there is absolutely no reason! I think you got my point. By the way, I agree it is useless and unfair for us (AJ authors). It was useless and unfair and now it is turning into some harmful and abusive tool.

Hello

Yes, sure i had some of my files rated with one star, without any given reason. One of them was even a package with 5 Logo revealer intro’s, priced like one single item = $5. No idea why that happened, while all the files in the preview where the same as in the download (as allways on AJ). I just stoped to think too much about the ratings, i would just be happy if they cancel this on AJ, as the only importance should be sales there ( regarding listings ).

Have a great one… Daniel

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says
I just wanted to chime back in here with a little more info. We closely monitor data trends and user activity whenever a change rolls out, and we’ll be following this one very closely to see how it effects the ratings. Here’s a snapshot of the ratings percentages from last week across all marketplaces.
  • 5 Stars: 75.86%
  • 4 Stars: 16.37%
  • 3 Stars: 5.66%
  • 2 Stars: 1.33%
  • 1 Star: 0.77%
730 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
mordauk says
MarkBrodhuber said
I just wanted to chime back in here with a little more info. We closely monitor data trends and user activity whenever a change rolls out, and we’ll be following this one very closely to see how it effects the ratings. Here’s a snapshot of the ratings percentages from last week across all marketplaces.
  • 5 Stars: 75.86%
  • 4 Stars: 16.37%
  • 3 Stars: 5.66%
  • 2 Stars: 1.33%
  • 1 Star: 0.77%

Wow, those are looking great. Can you guys see the number of ratings as compared to the number of sales?

256 posts
  • Belgium
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Sitebase says

Thar’s a great update. This will make the ratings more accurate.

60 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • New Zealand
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
oberto says

Thanks Envato.

679 posts
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
cooledition says

What about implement a reward system to increase the chances of people to rate a file.

This is how it can work:

A message near the download button saying something like this “Rate this file and get a random item from the market place for free”. If the person rate the file he gets a link to download his free random reward.

And how this will work for authors:

In the upload a new file form, include a new option like this “allow this item for random rewards” with a check or uncheck option. That way an author can decide if he wants or not his item to be generated for random rewards.

I know you thinking “if i rate again the free file, will i get another free file?” Im not a coder, but i think there should be a way to dont allow people to rate the free file.

If you think 1 free file for every purchese is too much, then change the message for something like this “every 10 (envato decides the numbre) rates you will get a free file from the marketplace, remember to rate this file”

What do you think guys?

And sorry for my english, i hope you guys can understand my idea

1141 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
KarmaThemes says
cooledition said
What about implement a reward system to increase the chances of people to rate a file.

This is how it can work:

A message near the download button saying something like this “Rate this file and get a random item from the market place for free”. If the person rate the file he gets a link to download his free random reward.

In the upload a new file form, include a new option like this “allow this item for random rewards” with a check or uncheck option. That way an author can decide if he wants or not his item to be generated for random rewards.

I know you thinking “if i rate again the free file, will i get another free file?” Im not a coder, but i think there should be a way to dont allow people to rate the free file.

If you think 1 free file for every purchese is too much, then change the message for something like this “every 10 (envato decides the numbre) rates you will get a free file from the marketplace, remember to rate this file”

What do you think guys?

I don’t think any form of reward is needed. People are not too lazy to rate, they often don’t recognize it or forget it.

730 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
mordauk says
KarmaThemes said
cooledition said

This is how it can work:

What do you think guys?

I don’t think any form of reward is needed. People are not too lazy to rate, they often don’t recognize it or forget it.

True. I’ve never once had a problem with customers rating an item once I remind them. Anytime I get support requests, I always end it by kindly asking them to consider rating the item, and they always do. I think people just don’t realize that they should be rating items, or do not even know how.

6763 posts
  • Italy
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says
sevenspark said
This is a common practice to avoid one anomalous vote deterring sales. It protects you.

is just an illusion,

when a buyer search for something and chose to display the results by ratings, your item with one single star rating (that you don’t even know you have) will be forced to the bottom of the list.

please authors, stop saying how great the current rating system is. We need a better one.

We need this so buyers can find more easy what they need, we need this so less known authors with awesome items to have more exposure in the results.

by
by
by
by
by
by