686 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 1
+4 more
ZtarrZound
says

@laranz yes, like Google Drive, iCloud and DropBox. I don’t understand why do we need so many services that look exactly the same, they could spend their time in creating something new and original. I’m using DropBox btw, on my computer, laptop and smartphone, and I’m not switching to any other.
FYI Skydrive has been around for at least 3 years….
822 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Beta Tester
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
laranz
says

@laranz yes, like Google Drive, iCloud and DropBox. I don’t understand why do we need so many services that look exactly the same, they could spend their time in creating something new and original. I’m using DropBox btw, on my computer, laptop and smartphone, and I’m not switching to any other.

Initial release of Skydrive is on August 2007, 4years 8months :) not 3 years :D Microsoft is always ahead but something they failed to make it popular/working well . :(

1102 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 6
+7 more
mudi
says

Initial release of Skydrive is on August 2007, 4years 8months :) not 3 years :D Microsoft is always ahead but something they failed to make it popular/working well . :(
+1
3875 posts Community Moderator
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Tuts+ Instructor
  • Netherlands
+10 more
Joost
says

Microsoft is always ahead but something they failed to make it popular/working well . :(

The devil is in the details (UI etc), and for Microsoft those details take a while to crystallize – usually a few versions of public usage before they hit off ;) Instantly ruins their edge!

1102 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 6
+7 more
mudi
says

Microsoft is always ahead but something they failed to make it popular/working well . :(
The devil is in the details (UI etc), and for Microsoft those details take a while to crystallize – usually a few versions of public usage ;) Instantly ruins their edge!

Yup just like Metro interface and windows phone 7 is gaining market share rapidly.

208 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 5
  • Beta Tester
+5 more
acuredreamgift
says

Because, users need to have few options to choose from. That way, service will be better, and cheaper.
1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 2
+7 more
PixelBin
says

The more options, the cheaper the price. Basic economics. Besides, iCloud is shit for anything other than the established formats synced so that’s not even an option.

by
by
by
by
by
by