657 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
ZtarrZound says

@laranz yes, like Google Drive, iCloud and DropBox. I don’t understand why do we need so many services that look exactly the same, they could spend their time in creating something new and original. I’m using DropBox btw, on my computer, laptop and smartphone, and I’m not switching to any other.
FYI Skydrive has been around for at least 3 years….
782 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
laranz says

@laranz yes, like Google Drive, iCloud and DropBox. I don’t understand why do we need so many services that look exactly the same, they could spend their time in creating something new and original. I’m using DropBox btw, on my computer, laptop and smartphone, and I’m not switching to any other.

Initial release of Skydrive is on August 2007, 4years 8months :) not 3 years :D Microsoft is always ahead but something they failed to make it popular/working well . :(

945 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
mudi says

Initial release of Skydrive is on August 2007, 4years 8months :) not 3 years :D Microsoft is always ahead but something they failed to make it popular/working well . :(
+1
3650 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Microsoft is always ahead but something they failed to make it popular/working well . :(

The devil is in the details (UI etc), and for Microsoft those details take a while to crystallize – usually a few versions of public usage before they hit off ;) Instantly ruins their edge!

945 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
mudi says

Microsoft is always ahead but something they failed to make it popular/working well . :(
The devil is in the details (UI etc), and for Microsoft those details take a while to crystallize – usually a few versions of public usage ;) Instantly ruins their edge!

Yup just like Metro interface and windows phone 7 is gaining market share rapidly.

204 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
acuredreamgift says

Because, users need to have few options to choose from. That way, service will be better, and cheaper.
1475 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

The more options, the cheaper the price. Basic economics. Besides, iCloud is shit for anything other than the established formats synced so that’s not even an option.

by
by
by
by
by
by