1003 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

Microsoft has released a preview version of its SkyDrive desktop application for Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and OS X Lion users.

SkyDrive for Windows will allow users to drag-and-drop files (up to 2GB in size) to and from SkyDrive folders. Similar to Dropbox, all files and SkyDrive content will be managed in one central folder that syncs with Microsoft’s online cloud storage. There is also a new fetching files option that allows SkyDrive desktop users to access, browser, and stream files from a remote PC running the latest preview of SkyDrive desktop.

Microsoft also announced changes to its free and paid storage offerings. All new SkyDrive users will be offered 7GB of free space, a reduction from the usual 25GB of storage. Microsoft believes that 99.94 percent of SkyDrive customers use 7GB or less today, so most new customers will be unaffected. Existing users of SkyDrive who are using more than 4GB of space (as of April 1st) will automatically keep their 25GB of free space, while other existing users can simply opt-in to ensure they don’t lose the allocation.

Download Skydrive for Windows

Download Skydrive for OS X Loin

Official Announcement

People who were already using Skydrive can claim their 25GB for free by clicking here.

1313 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
+2 more
canimalition says

OMG , thank you so much, I love Skydrive with 25 Gigs. before :(

But its nice

1313 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
+2 more
canimalition says

I think Skydrive have a cheapest price

1556 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

Microsoft has released a preview version of its SkyDrive desktop application for Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and OS X Lion users.

SkyDrive for Windows will allow users to drag-and-drop files (up to 2GB in size) to and from SkyDrive folders. Similar to Dropbox, all files and SkyDrive content will be managed in one central folder that syncs with Microsoft’s online cloud storage. There is also a new fetching files option that allows SkyDrive desktop users to access, browser, and stream files from a remote PC running the latest preview of SkyDrive desktop.

Microsoft also announced changes to its free and paid storage offerings. All new SkyDrive users will be offered 7GB of free space, a reduction from the usual 25GB of storage. Microsoft believes that 99.94 percent of SkyDrive customers use 7GB or less today, so most new customers will be unaffected. Existing users of SkyDrive who are using more than 4GB of space (as of April 1st) will automatically keep their 25GB of free space, while other existing users can simply opt-in to ensure they don’t lose the allocation.

Download Skydrive for Windows

Download Skydrive for OS X Loin

Official Announcement

People who were already using Skydrive can claim their 25GB for free by clicking here.

Is skydrive have revision feature like dropbox file revision,history feature.

1003 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
mudi says

@webdesignart No but Windows Live Mesh has but after windows 8 release Skydrive will support this feature.

673 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

Love Skydrive. Thanks.

1556 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

@webdesignart No but Windows Live Mesh has but after windows 8 release Skydrive will support this feature.

So this is very important feature to me, w8ing for this feature :)

791 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in India
+1 more
laranz says
791 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in India
+1 more
laranz says

OMG , thank you so much, I love Skydrive with 25 Gigs. before :( But its nice

Now also they offer 25GB, isn’t it?

1410 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Europe
+7 more
Stylius says

@laranz yes, like Google Drive, iCloud and DropBox. I don’t understand why do we need so many services that look exactly the same, they could spend their time in creating something new and original. I’m using DropBox btw, on my computer, laptop and smartphone, and I’m not switching to any other.

by
by
by
by
by
by