Just over six months ago, I had uploaded my first flyer template and I set myself some goals.
Setting goals is a powerful thing, it gives you something to work towards and something to measure your progress with.What were my goals?
- Earn $200 per month to help towards my travel spends
- Build a portfolio of feature-worthy items
- Improve the quality of my designs & items
- Be an active member of the community
- Grow my followers
- My $200 target was smashed, this month I hope to stay on track and break the $1000 mark
- Massively improved my skills
- Several of my items have been in the weekly top sellers
- 40+ items out of 200 (some waiting for upload)
- I have been a featured author
- Consistently growing referrals (50th today!)
- Repeated Forum Superstar!
- 130 followers
- Photography… that’s still in progress
- Community Superstar badge
- Gold Paw
- $2000 per month
- Blue referral badge
- Featured item
- Enter other Marketplaces
So where am I at? Where are you at?
All thanks to a set of goals and 6 months of my time. It just shows how easy it can be
My new goals:
We’ll see how many of these I can complete in the coming year, I have lots of plans for how to accomplish them!
They may be small in comparison to TF authors, but for me they’re a suitable challenge!
Good luck and congratz for your determination!
Great thread again dude!
I just noticed that I had posted in the old discussion and all the goals I had 6 months ago have been exceeded. This makes me very happy and satisfied.
My old goals were:
- Create more great text effects. (DONE. This is not a goal but I meant to create higher quality text effects)
- Achieving 1000 sales – DONE
- Get the Black paw – DONE
- Earn at least $ 500 per month. – DONE
I also got:
- Gold Referral badge (500+)
- Free File of the Month Badge
- I have reached 180+ Followers
- Some freelance works.
All in less than a year of activity on the market.
I’m improved a lot in these month because to create high-quality files must always give their best.
My current goals are:
- Become a Featured Author and get the Item Featured Badge for one of my items.
- Get the Blue Referral badge (1000+) in the next 6 months.
- Get the Silver Paw.
- 1000-1500$ per month.
- And above create other great text effects and start to create many flyers and some types of works.
@ Quickandeasy ; this is so motivating , thanks for sharing…
@ Era89 : I really wonder , what could be the secret of referring between 500-1000 persons in a year ; this is an outstanding number of referrals…
Thanks guys, @Bedros, yes setting goals is very motivating. I thought I’d show my progress so others can see that it is possible, just a little effort that’s required and a goal to aim for.
I think it was actually rather easy to get the black paw, so I want a gold one in the next 12 months! I have some tricks up my sleeve
Thanks a lot for your message Era89 , I’m already trying to promote on AdobeExchange,Softpedia,Behance, and youTube…
Thanks for your suggestions , good luck with your goals
Thanks guys, @Bedros, yes setting goals is very motivating. I thought I’d show my progress so others can see that it is possible, just a little effort that’s required and a goal to aim for. I think it was actually rather easy to get the black paw, so I want a gold one in the next 12 months! I have some tricks up my sleeve
Then , without a doubt , here comes a golden paw
Great stuff Q&E! Glad to see that you set goals and are reaching them!
Right now my goal is to setup an entire network of referral sites and promote Envato authors files in hopes of helping grow the community and better, make referral money!Be on the lookout for Graphic Rodeo very very soon.
I hope you’re not planning to make some referral money by adding your referral code to other authors’ files. It’s not illegal , but of course unEthical…