7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Frandiego says

I’m wondering if there is anyway I can run a sidechain before the reverb on the massive vst. I like using the massive reverb but it sounds weak when the reverb gets sidechained too. Any tips?

157 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
EvAndree says

I’m wondering if there is anyway I can run a sidechain before the reverb on the massive vst. I like using the massive reverb but it sounds weak when the reverb gets sidechained too. Any tips?

I’m not sure I follow. Why is it weaker when sidechained?

203 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+1 more
Music-Smith says

Oh, it sounds like you are using the reverb built into Massive. In which case anything used on the Massive patch will get side chained. You will have to use a reverb on a send instead to avoid the reverb being side chained I think.

7 posts
Frandiego says

It sounds weaker because the sidechain ducks the reverb as well. Yeah I put the reverb on the send. I just think the massive reverb works well with massive synths. I wonder if there is another way.

203 posts
+1 more
Music-Smith says

It sounds weaker because the sidechain ducks the reverb as well. Yeah I put the reverb on the send. I just think the massive reverb works well with massive synths. I wonder if there is another way.

Maybe you could bounce out the synth with the Massive reverb fully wet as a stem then re import it and have that un-sidechained. But have your main synth sidechained?

7 posts
Frandiego says

Thanks I’m going to try this out. I’ll let you know how my results come out.

7 posts
Frandiego says

so I tried it out and it works, it takes up some more processing but when you freeze things become fine. Thanks a ton!

203 posts
+1 more
Music-Smith says

so I tried it out and it works, it takes up some more processing but when you freeze things become fine. Thanks a ton!

No worries!

by
by
by
by
by
by