37 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
kevinpelletier says

Hi all! I’m new around here and I’ve had a few tracks get rejected due to not meeting “AudioJungle’s commercial quality guidelines overall”. I understand that my mixes need to get better, so I’ve come to you for some help for my next upload. Here is a short piece that I’ve been working on. Does this sound like it will get approved? https://soundcloud.com/vigormusic/forever

If you have another minute or two to spare, I’d also like some feedback pointing out what I might be able to work on, based on these rejected songs.

https://soundcloud.com/vigormusic/sun-on-the-shore Reason - Unfortunately, this file doesn’t meet AudioJungle’s commercial quality guidelines overall, and can’t be approved. If you wish to resubmit more content, please review the engineering and composition and make improvements to a commercial standard before attempting to upload again. https://soundcloud.com/vigormusic/reach-beyond-yourself Reason – ”...as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or marketplace policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies.”

Thanks so much! Kev

427 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
Panda-Bear says

one word: Dynamics.

Piano is supposed to sound like piano. damp/soft/hard … With this ‘Forever’ piece being in 3/4 time signature, it lends itself to a phenomenon called ’’decelerando’ and ’’Accelerando’’ ..which is where you slightly slow down at the end of certain phrases, and speed up’ at the start of new phrases (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4-W4qjsBi4 ). This gives the feeling of dynamics and warmth and real humanism – as opposed to quantizing the fcuk out of a region and copying/pasting it in logic.

also, ...let the track ‘breathe’. allow space where you can hear just the piano and the tail echos to give depth and space.

Strings: are supposed to sound like a string section. they have loud bits, they have low bits. dynamics. harmonics. Also, if you are using sample packs or software instruments, there are seriously far better string emulators out there rather than the standard string vst/au instruments that come with your DAW.

Pizzicato: again – quality of patches used make it not sound like a human plucking them.

So in summary, nothing wrong with the piece, as it sounds quit beautiful… but just a little..movement. a little care with dynamics.

37 posts
kevinpelletier says

Thank you so much Panda-Bear! Sometimes you spend so much time with one piece that you forget about these things. I totally get what you mean about ’decelerando’ and ’’Accelerando’’. I’ll work on it and bring new life into the piece with dynamics.

chrisatkinsonline
chrisatkinsonline Recent Posts Threads Started
25 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
chrisatkinsonline says

Really really love the acoustic guitar intro! I just felt you could then introduce drums, bass, and other instruments to build it up more!

37 posts
kevinpelletier says

Really really love the acoustic guitar intro! I just felt you could then introduce drums, bass, and other instruments to build it up more!

Thanks for the feedback! I can’t resubmit that one though as it was rejected. Any thoughts on the first link? https://soundcloud.com/vigormusic/forever

328 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MValentino says

Thanks for the feedback! I can’t resubmit that one though as it was rejected. Any thoughts on the first link? https://soundcloud.com/vigormusic/forever
Well, maybe work a little more on piano dynamic, I mean strong accent on first note and weak on the other 2, since it is 3/4. And maybe you would consider to purchase a little better sounding piano library, less metallic. It sounds still a little too much mechanical. As of the mix, in a real orchestra you’ll never have pizzicato so strong in your face, since real strings have much less volume when plucked than bowed, so it should be a little softer…
37 posts
kevinpelletier says

Well, maybe work a little more on piano dynamic, I mean strong accent on first note and weak on the other 2, since it is 3/4. And maybe you would consider to purchase a little better sounding piano library, less metallic. It sounds still a little too much mechanical. As of the mix, in a real orchestra you’ll never have pizzicato so strong in your face, since real strings have much less volume when plucked than bowed, so it should be a little softer…

Thanks so much! I hadn’t thought about the pizzi strings being softer in volume, what a great thing to point out! I’m looking into other sound libraries. Thanks again for your suggestions, I’ll take all of them into account and reupload another version soon.

328 posts
+1 more
MValentino says

You’re welcome, hope it helps :)

37 posts
kevinpelletier says

Indeed it does! What sound libraries do you work with? I’m coming up with a list. There’s a lot out there.

328 posts
+1 more
MValentino says

What sound libraries do you work with?
For which category of instruments?
by
by