177 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
KR_Music says

Maybe THIS will help for old items is not to be forgotten? (Or maybe not. Maybe it will push forward even more, those who cleverly make “right tags” but not music. Wait and see) http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/beta-feature-similar-items/71208?

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
transiberian says

AudioJungle is a marketplace right ? Well, when you go to the big market to buy some potatoes and tomatoes you don’t see how many SALES have the SELLERS already made. Well you don’t make your decisions to buy depending on SELLERS ’ SALES . Am I right?
Suppose all the sellers sell their products with same prices.
Moreover, you don’t buy the products from first 10 sellers you see on your way to the market. You are just roaming exploring the products…their size, type, color, maybe country of origin and etc..

What I mean is that I agree to some mention above. There shouldn’t be the TOP sellers and TOP items at all. Sales’ stats should be accessed only by the author… As soon as the incoming tunes are being approved by reviewers… I suppose it’d be better to allow customers choose the music on random basis. Customer enters the tags and he gets let’s say 20 random tunes according to these tags. If he needs more to review he presses a button and gets 20 more random tunes on these tags.. I guess it’s fair. IMHO

748 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
guitarjock says

You make a VERY good point transiberian. I have often come to the same conclusion when trying to think of how AJ could get more sales. The only problem is, they would be risking losing the already steady income from the items with high sales. It may be too much of a risk for them to take. I know if I was in their position, I would be weary to get rid of a system that has been working for me.

I think we all must either stay here and enjoy the competition, which I think is a good thing actually, or diversify. Those are pretty much the choices we have as authors.

196 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Netherlands
LGuitarB says

@guitarjock: well, I wouldn’t know either if AudioJungle as a whole would make more sales by changing that system. It might be that sales would just be more evenly divided over all the authors.

Transiberian makes a good point though.

Having said that, I made several sales over the last two weeks of songs of mine that had been uploaded months ago and which didn’t have very many sales, so perhaps something has changed.

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
transiberian says

The only problem is, they would be risking losing the already steady income from the items with high sales. It may be too much of a risk for them to take.
There is a lot of ways to solve this problem. They could create a VIP segment of composers/arrangers/musicians..let’s say 20 of them and take a special additional fee from customers who want to buy VIP tracks. Let’s say they could create two more segments for beginners and for medium authors. And if customer want to buy something from these 2 segments he gets only random tracks without SALE stats.
It’s not difficult to imagine that the authors from these 2 segments will get more sales depending on the quality of their creative. And of course any talented medium author can reach VIP segment some day..
I’m sure there are lots of other ways to organize the marketplace in much fair way. The only question is – do the AJ staff care about beginners and medium authors ? :)
497 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Italy
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
bosone says

I totally agree with transiberian!

maybe rating should be maintained, but i feel sales are definitely a stopper for newcomers! I also feel that there should be more advanced search options such as lengh (e.g 0 – 0:30 / 0:31 – 1.00 / 1:01 – 2:00 etc), loopable (yes/no) and maybe the possibility to search only the title, the description, the tags.

142 posts
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
mediamuse says

Hello, i think tere is no point whining about this anymore, everybody want his part of the cake, yes it’s kind of sad and unfair seing so many sales for always the same items, and sometimes better items left on the side. But i see also a loooot of very musicaly and production wise poor items, sounding midi or garaband generated that are validated by the staff and some quality stuff are drowned into this. I see author with 400 items that seems to not be aware of the crap they uploaded. I got like 400 unfinished project because i knew it was crap, i got 40 produced tracks that im actualy wisely thinking of wich i choose and wich ill never upload. If envato doesnt value music, author should do it instead. Construction kit & Co, sometimes i understand the customer just rushing the best seller section.

773 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
StudioEtude says

The only problem is, they would be risking losing the already steady income from the items with high sales. It may be too much of a risk for them to take.
There is a lot of ways to solve this problem. They could create a VIP segment of composers/arrangers/musicians..let’s say 20 of them and take a special additional fee from customers who want to buy VIP tracks. Let’s say they could create two more segments for beginners and for medium authors. And if customer want to buy something from these 2 segments he gets only random tracks without SALE stats.
It’s not difficult to imagine that the authors from these 2 segments will get more sales depending on the quality of their creative. And of course any talented medium author can reach VIP segment some day..
I’m sure there are lots of other ways to organize the marketplace in much fair way. The only question is – do the AJ staff care about beginners and medium authors ? :)
I wrote about this before, and I think that those who have the best-sellers, not worry, their tracks will be sold as well as before. Of course a new function “similar tracks” in some way will help not popular authors make popular, some more sales, but it is, unfortunately, not a panacea, not a cure. I think that as much will continue to evolve and experiment, as if the author has little sales, and AJ – too, has little sales, and they must are keen to increase the number of successful tracks and the authors

And of course, the rating system – inhibits the increase in sales, as it is not an objective and correct. Personally, I wish the buyer was required to vote for the track and comment on its assessment, even if he decides to put 1 star.

33 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • New Zealand
coinmaster says

That’s a really good point Transiberian. I know that when I purchase Wordpress themes through Themeforest, most of the time I sort by number of sales in an attempt to find the best items. However, sometimes I have searched by upload date and found some really good stuff.

This surely must create a top-heavy marketplace, and whether that’s right or wrong I don’t know. It seems that any changes here on Envato marketplaces are very slow in the pipeline (the new search functionality has been in the pipeline for I would guess a year or so).

My opinion is that removing the ability to sort by number of sales would even the playing field for ALL authors. Buyers would be encouraged to check out not just the tracks that everyone else has downloaded – and would probably lead to more diversity!

Like it’s ever going to happen though ;)

142 posts
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
mediamuse says

Im’ i’m wondering, is there an internal hidden rating from reviewer that lead to best found in search engine or “similar item” ne system?

by
by
by
by
by
by