958 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
Kurlykovs says
https://soundcloud.com/semyon-kurlykov/was-it-a-dream

This submission does not meet our commercial composition/arrangement standard, unfortunately.

I need your advice. What is so none commercial about this composition/arrangement standard?

I am trying to figure it out, but I cant. So I need some pro advice please!

I have seen similar tracks here on Audiojungle, but obviously I failed to see the difference, in my track and many other tracks here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

612 posts
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
Joonique_Sound says

Dunno, maybe the piano sample? What do you use? sounds a bit unnatural for me. Whatever the reason, yes ukulele will fix this! :D

958 posts
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

I tried different sound samples. First it was Alicia Keys by NI, Then it was The Giant by NI. Both got hard rejection. So at this point I am lost. But I don’t think that the track is that bad. ( I might be wrong of course)

248 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
+1 more
Andrew_G says

Man, try to change the uploading category. If it’s not in “Piano” – then, it’s obviously should be there. (not in corporate, not in cinematic!)

And – no, no ukulele here, for god’s sake) Hope, it was a joke :)

958 posts
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

Man, try to change the uploading category. If it’s not in “Piano” – then, it’s obviously should be there. (not in corporate, not in cinematic!) And – no, no ukulele here, for god’s sake) Hope, it was a joke :)

I did upload it to a “Piano” category. and about ukulele I am not sure if it is a joke anymore :D Hehe

709 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+3 more
OlexandrIgnatov says

My advice – try to play more with piano dynamics… ;) Sounds a bit like machine gun for me, I think that is a reason for rejection – IMHO.

1479 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

As somebody else pointed out on our FB group, not the sample library is the problem. The problem is that everything is super-ultra-mega quantized to death and the dynamics don’t follow the melody.
It sounds like written by mouse, not played by a piano player, sounds fake and that is not because of the piano library but the way it has no touch.
I’ll give you a sign on FB when I will have some time and we’ll talk more in detail. Cheers and keep making music. Sometimes it’s about gathering experience, and that is about quantity. Make 3-4 more piano tracks every week and soon you’ll have an impressive portfolio.

958 posts
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

Thanks for feedback guys!

152 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
wingzara says

I had a surprise hard rejection on one of mine that had a similar arrangement with two guitars, one playing arpeggio and the other melody. It was supposd to have a traditional simple feel. I haven’t bothered redoing it.

Since you will have to change it substantially to resubmit it, I could suggest the following change to the arrangement to build it progressively. At 0:29 add a pad, at 0:43 add a counter melody on another instrument, at 0:58 add percussion.

Hope this helps

302 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
alkis says

I tried different sound samples. First it was Alicia Keys by NI, Then it was The Giant by NI. Both got hard rejection. So at this point I am lost. But I don’t think that the track is that bad. ( I might be wrong of course)

Alicia’s Keys is wonderful, nothing wrong with it. You could try this:

1 – First, lower the velocities. All of them.

2 – Then try to bring natural velocities to the notes, like a real player would play them.

3 – Use a Sustain Pedal or program the 64 CC midi signal accordingly, like a player would if he was playing this song. This way the notes of every chord/arpeggio blend in beautifully and sound smoother – as long as the velocity is lower and more natural. I’m guessing you know when the sustain pedal would sound suitable and when not. In general, having it pressed and by doing slightly before and on a chord change an ‘unpress, press again’ pedal signal, would suffice.

4 – It would be ideal though if you could play it on a keyboard and only quantize or edit the notes, not the velocities. I’m emphasizing on velocities and sustain pedal, because otherwise the sound comes out more dull and fake and more plastic, and that’s what probably caused the rejection.

5 – I would personally change the title to something more simple, maybe Dreams, or Dreams and Memories or whatever, but definitely not something that sounds like a question.

6 – Ukulele is not the answer to everything. :-P

Music-wise there’s nothing wrong with it, it’s great! :-)
Maybe by adding an orchestra this could become an even more elegant and warm tune!

Good luck! :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by