426 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
SimpleSites4U says

I think I might actually, have $44 credit burning a hole in my account and have just seen your metro menu – I cant help but visualise them wrapped in lovely jquery goodness, to use as funky ‘category selector’ on in a WordPress theme im wanna use on geekjunk.co.uk

in fact im gonna go buy it right now

i love codecanyon, i really do – the stuff on here can be truly inspirational
Thanks Danny! Let me know when you have it implemented :)

Havnt had a lot of time today but got your work live on http://www.geekjunk.co.uk/

So far iv got latest posts from wp, and latest comments showing, and Jquery’ied it so that the main menu item fades into blue when hovered, but stays that color untill the entire item div is left – take a look :)

Ill play more over the weekend and will slap a tut up for anyone looking to put your work to use on WP in a more dynamic and funky way

The code iv done is basic but i only started the jquery tuts + course on monday so am still learning

320 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
vtimbuc says

Havnt had a lot of time today but got your work live on http://www.geekjunk.co.uk/

So far iv got latest posts from wp, and latest comments showing, and Jquery’ied it so that the main menu item fades into blue when hovered, but stays that color untill the entire item div is left – take a look :)

Ill play more over the weekend and will slap a tut up for anyone looking to put your work to use on WP in a more dynamic and funky way

The code iv done is basic but i only started the jquery tuts + course on monday so am still learning

It needs some design improvements but it’s looking good :).

Btw, the jQuery code you have created is not the best, and you can do the same using only CSS .

Ex:
ul.metro > li:hover > a {
    background-color: #thecolor;
}
426 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
SimpleSites4U says

Thanks for the css tip – I chose jQuery for no reason other than I want to practice what im learning on the tuts+ course as I go so pretty much using it everywhere possible so I grow more of an understanding for it

It will be either tidied or removed when its done anyway lol

Thanks for having a look pal

by
by
by
by
by
by