• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
cooledition says

This is not a thread about how much your files are being pirated or to complain about the envato actions to fight piratery.

Instead of it, I decided to create this thread to share ANY idea that can help all the envato authors to fight piratery or at least minimize its effects.

So lets make this big, share any thing you do to fight those F.ck..s.

Ok, i will start

1. Now i write in the preview image of all my new items “Exclusively for sale on Graphicriver.net/user/....”

Yeah, i know that it won´t stop piratery, but at least i will get some free exposure from it.

2. I still dont do this, but i was thinking, what if i upload false versions of my own files to all those warez sites, like for example a PSD with all the layers Flattened xD, or a fking heavy false PSD , like a 400MB PSD . Just imagine your frustation if you download a file of 400MB size just to discover that it was a false PSD .

Warez sites are attacking envato in a hard way, why dont we attack warez sites the same way they do to us? What if ALL ENVATO AUTHORS , start distributing false versions of our files in all those warez sites.

Well thats what i have in my head.

And remember, if somebody post any good idea, we all must put it in practice and not just 1 single author, remember “Unity is strength”.

Share your opinions and your ideas, we need them!

30 posts
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Nielsk says

You can’t stop warez sites! That’s it. There will be others if a website will be shut down ;)

Luckily for me only one of my files has been published on those garbage sites, after reporting the download URLs I have never heard someone say that they found my items on other websites (warez).

1612 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
DaniMun says

It’s been discussed so many times before. You can do little to none to stop p!r@cy. The best you can do is keep reporting the infringing links to Envato support. While your watermarked previews suggestion sounds like a good way to improve your items’ exposure, I’d suggest you save your time and efforts for better purposes – i.e. focus on creating new, awesome items instead :)

LE: By mentioning certain keywords on the forums you may bring some unwanted traffic here. Just a heads up

3914 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
miseld says

Guys/Girls no discussion about warez on forums, someone will lock this thread soon.

1612 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+5 more
DaniMun says

Guys/Girls no discussion about warez on forums, someone will lock this thread soon.

My point exactly

3717 posts Community Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Hi Guys,

I know the intentions are good, however, threads regarding piracy et al always end up going down the same route, plus as DaniMum pointed out, it can result in unwanted traffic.

As per Forum Rules, posting any threads discussing or linking to piracy and/or warez sites is not allowed.

For now I am going to lock this thread.

A note Piracy discussions in the forums

Please do not post any threads discussing or link to piracy and/or warez sites. These do more damage than good and will be locked or disabled.

Report any copyright, piracy, or warez violations to Envato Support , and see the Knowledgebase for info on Copyright Support.

by
by
by
by
by
by