103 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Norway
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
AlexStokke says

I though it would be interesting of someone would like to share their story of how they started composing a specific tune. Cool if you’ve done something unusual or “out-of-the-box” (but doesn’t have to be)! Awesome of you could link to the track in mind so we could hear how the result ended up.

I’ll start off. This was a school project years ago. All the sounds in the track come from my acoustic guitar. The task was to construct a song out of only 15 secunds of audio (I think). So I recorded selected tones of the guitar in various playing techniques, and also som hits and slaps on the guitar body for percussion sounds. I loaded it all into a sampler, and with help from pitch-shifting and various manipulations, I just went ahead treating it like a regular software instrument.

Here it is: http://audiojungle.net/item/the-lonely-and-confused-guitar-boy/3278680

SemblanceProduction
SemblanceProduction Recent Posts
Threads Started
409 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
SemblanceProduction says

Listened to your tune, brilliant! An awesome idea and an awesome execution. Love it!

A track i’d like to share with you that in my opinion stands out from my portfolio is this one:

http://audiojungle.net/item/kotod/5394147

When i started writing it, i played my guitar and it was yet another ballad that i’d forget in a couple of days, but then i started messing with all kinds of sounds and stumbled upon an ethnic reason refill i had laying around and never used it. So it started shaping up into this ethnic eastern feel tune, but still it was missing something, so i’ve programmed these panned out tom rhythms which i’m proud to this day:) Guess we all write music we want to listen to, it’s a fact, we’re just left to hope everyone else will enjoy it as much as we do.

103 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Norway
AlexStokke says

Great track! Loved the rhythm work here. It was magical when the percussion stepped in! Yeah, I know the feeling when you start with a certain sound in mind, and end up with something completely different. It’s cool – as long as you don’t have som client pulling the strings :)

Hope to see more people join this thread.

135 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
wingzara says

I have two that were written for specific imagery. I was watching a documentary about the grand buildings of Spain and the voiceover completely ruined it for me so I put these two together in the hope that someone would use them in future. I was surprised when the second one sold an extended licence as I thought commercial applications would use a real choir.

http://audiojungle.net/item/magnificent-churches-and-palaces/2972160 http://audiojungle.net/item/cathedral-choir/3073201
27 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • United States
G_Randy_Brown says

Hope it’s okay if I post something that’s not up on AJ yet but I’ll need to break this piece up into segments before submitting.
I wanted to post it because instead of laboring over it (ie most of what I work on) I had to basically just do my best to TRY to transcribe/record what played in my head…I know you guys know what I’m talking about…where you get to a point and think…wait this isn’t me doing this…
If not then please totally ignore this post : )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41HOQ34vhno

3182 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

Hey guys, I was just listening to some of my tracks and the origin of one of them came back to me so I’m gonna share. :) My track Creation started its life in early 2005, I was in last year of Uni, and I just started watching Saving Private Ryan on TV. I was idly messing on my electric guitar (most likely I wasn’t relaxed enough to just watch the film). I started playing the riffs while the incredible opening D-Day landings scene was on. I think it’s actually the best and most memorable riff I ever wrote. And it’s the first track I uploaded on AJ – although this is a more recent version with better production.

Very quickly another one – The Lost Moment. I wrote this in Spring 2007 in Hannover Germany, I was in my flat, it was warm weather, and I was feeling unusually optimistic about the future at the time. (I lost my job a couple months later :D ) To me this track is attached to that place, it has a cleanness and seriousness in the minimalist (Philip Glass inspired) style that makes me think of German cities.

I have a bad memory for most mundane things, but I’m very glad I still remember those things. I hope you found my rambling vaguely interesting guys! :D Making music is just about the most fun thing out there, I hope I’ll get back into it at some point.

3182 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

OK, I’ve got another one. I need a blog for this stuff. :D

I was on a cliff-side on the coast once, and there was a hole that led down into a sea cave. You could hear the sound of the waves, and it was a distinctive sound with the acoustics of the cave. I find the sound of water quite relaxing and nice generally. The sound inspired me to recreate it on the guitar, using some effects and just running fingers up and down the fret board, creating rushing sounds. So I had the guitar track sitting around, and later on I used it on a Krautrock style chill-out track – Spring Tide. The guitar part comes in about half way through.

by
by
by
by
by
by