• Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

I’m working on my first WordPress theme to submit, and I’m not sure what to do about mobile. It would make sense to create a separate section in the CSS to target mobile so that people can just buy one theme and have it automatically detect and display the correct CSS . This is pretty easy to do with device-width, max-device-width, and orientation rules to account for the common widths (

But then there is a separate mobile WordPress category on ThemeForest as well. Do people really buy a separate theme just for mobile? And for people who buy the regular theme, assuming I don’t include the mobile version, how can they easily upgrade? If I do include the mobile version with the regular theme, can I still sell it separately?

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

With all the competition on TF (especially in the WP catgegory), anything extra you can add will help you stand out. I think bundling the two together might be a nice little bonus to give your theme a little extra incentive. Sorry I don’t have any real answers to your questions on specifics. Just my 2cents on bundling them together. :-)

548 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
tonvie says

Yeah, and maybe make sure you have a fully customizable home page too :) Cheers.

1021 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

With all the competition on TF (especially in the WP catgegory), anything extra you can add will help you stand out. I think bundling the two together might be a nice little bonus to give your theme a little extra incentive.

Thanks for the suggestion…that’s what I was thinking as well. I wouldn’t want people to have to buy my theme twice just to get the mobile part, considering it’s just a few extra CSS rules. So it’s settled…I’m going to bundle them together!

by
by
by
by
by
by