506 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

So as we are all expected to know, in the forum rules it states:
‘Self promotion is not allowed on the forums, for examples and clarification, see the below section title A Note on Self Promotion. In addition, promoting outside services or competitors is not allowed on the forums.

A Note on Self Promotion Because of the commercial nature of the Envato networks, authors are expected to understand and respect the fact that using the forum to post links to one’s own items, or to give away free files to the community, is not allowed. This practice effectively undercuts the hard work of all authors who wish to sell their items fairly, and as such it is not tolerated.’

Now I get that this is an item discussion group, but most threads here are something like this, ‘Oh hey here is a new track I just got approved, what do you think?’.

So I guess my question is this, is this area of the forum exempt from the self promotion rules or is this area of the forum just not monitored?

And yes, it might seem like I am trying to police the forums, but in actual fact I have just had a new track approved and I wouldn’t mind posting it :p

5776 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

We’re a bit more relaxed when it comes to new members looking for genuine feedback on their items. But we certainly don’t want the forums to become a massive centre for self-promotion and we will lock or disable threads that are solely for that purpose.

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
506 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

We’re a bit more relaxed when it comes to new members looking for genuine feedback on their items. But we certainly don’t want the forums to become a massive centre for self-promotion and we will lock or disable threads that are solely for that purpose.

Thanks for clariifying this for me, just seemed like there was a lot of ‘oh whats your thoughts on this track i just got approved’ – Why does it matter? It has already been approved, people listening to it wont do a thing, so for me these threads always scream self promotion.

by
by
by
by
by
by