194 posts
  • Located in Russian Federation
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Star_ik says

To all colleagues hello… I here reflected recently… Why on our site people constantly load music with a frequency of sampling of 44,1 to HZ… After all many projects are already initially intended for production video. If you know, videos files have a sound with a frequency of 48 to Hz… Therefore a sound the producer needs to write down the project in frequency 96 to Hz, it for those who works in the Cubase program… Think over it and express the opinion…

131 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Taiwan
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
buddhabeats says

I’m new to this site and was considering to post this very question; although I figure it must have already been addressed.

I record all of my sound fx at 24bit 96000hz. I admit this is probably much higher than the average user may need. However, at the bare minimum AudioJungle should allow 24bit 48000hz.

The only possible reason I can think of why anything higher than 16bit 44.1hz is not allowed is their server storage issues. It would take HUGE amounts of space. HOWEVER, they’re in this business; and if that is what’s needed (and it is) then they need to address it.

I really hope to see higher bit depth and sample rates allowed here. You can argue against it – and there are plenty of decent arguments. But in the end, there are plenty of professionals (or those who deem themselves as such) who would quickly pass this site by when they find they can’t get higher bit depths and sample rates. I feel this hurts the overall site in general.

For myself, I routinely use stock music and sound fx in my customers’ projects. For most projects I set things at 24bit, 48000hz and find material at that sample rate. When recording, (voice over for example) I record at 24bit 88200hz.

To be honest, I’ll ashamedly admit that I would pass over Audiojungle when looking to buy music/sound fx; unless there’s that one special gem. There are just too many other outlets to buy sounds with higher sample rates.

I strongly support a minimum of 24bit 48000hz for everything. Sooner than later, so I don’t have to re-upload everything. I have very little uploaded at the moment :)

Thanks for honest feedback.

curtisschweitzer
curtisschweitzer Recent Posts Threads Started
69 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
curtisschweitzer says

I’ve spent the last few years building up VST/AU sample libraries, the high-end of which are all at 24/48, and so I’d chime in that, while I’ve loved my experience here at AJ, it would be nice to be able to deliver my customers a higher-quality product that utilizes the full range of samples that I’ve spent years acquiring. If it costs more in server space, I’d hope that there was a way AJ could charge more per track for the increased quality in order to cover their costs.

299 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
adammonroe says

Hey guys, from what I understand, currently you can include higher resolution versions of your music with your uploads…you just HAVE to include a 44.1 Khz, 16 bit audio file.

IMO higher sample rates aren’t necessarily that useful (at least 48 to 44.1 is pretty negligible), but 24 bits would make things easier for whoever buys your file and has to process it.

131 posts
  • Located in Taiwan
+1 more
buddhabeats says

Ah, that’s good to know. It’s a little misleading when uploading they give you the options of either mp3 or 16-Bit Stereo, 44.1kHz. Seems those are your only two options.

So if I were to upload all of my fx at 24bit 96kHz, they won’t be rejected so long as the same file(s) are in there at 16bit 44.1kHz?

[Edit: And how would one upload different sample rates like that? One folder named: 16bit 44.1 and another named: 24bit 96 ? ]

BTW, just noticed “Stereo” in there. Do the sound fx actually NEED to be in stereo? I’m guessing that’s just an oversight. Something originally targeted towards music submissions. But since my uploads haven’t been checked yet…just wondering.

Thx

131 posts
  • Located in Taiwan
+1 more
buddhabeats says

If someone happens to find an accurate post or link to acceptable bit depths and sample rates that can be uploaded, can you please post it here? If I find something I’ll do the same.

Thx

[EDIT: Here’s the only thing definitive that I’ve found:

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/sample-rate-bit-rate-changes-effective-from-august-23rd/29031

It’s a couple years old, but one of the last posts was 3 months ago by a moderator. So it seems we can only upload 16bit 44.1kHz.

I have to say that I’m very disappointed in this. This is a SERIOUS flaw with AJ. I would really like to know the reason for being stuck at this sample rate and bit depth. From the above linked post:

{Begin Quote}”This will make uploading content a little easier for authors – you will no longer need to enter the Sample Rate (that so many people get confused with). You will not need to enter the Bit Rate either. We will be making changes to the upload form so that it clearly states what is required + you will not have to enter these values ever again.” {End Quote}

I hope that’s not the only reason. Honestly, and I don’t mean to offend, but if people have difficulty understanding sample rates/bit rates/bit depths, then I question their being on this site uploading music and sound effects. These are some of the fundamentals of working with computer audio.

If the above post is outdated and something new has come out, please let me know. I would love to discuss this further.

Thanks!]

147 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
JasonGraham says

I don’t create sound effects, just songs, but from my experience, they really stick to the bitrate, sample rate and stereo rules. I had a track that for some reason was misreporting in the reviewer’s audio player, and it got soft rejected. There was nothing wrong with the track. According to all my applications, it met the standards exactly. There was actually a bug in the reviewer’s software. So my guess is their first check is to load it into their player and check the file specs. If those don’t pass, they soft reject and move on. But I don’t know, maybe if you include a comment that says “I included a standard stereo 44.1khz 16-bit wav file as well as a 96khz 24-bit file for the customer’s convenience,” that would work. Let us know!

79 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
NenadSimic says

I recently saw an official answer to a similar question, which basically stated that you can include your higher quality files in the zip, but there has to be the main file in 44.1 kHz. And if you include an mp3 – 320 kbps for that one. That is obligatory.

131 posts
  • Located in Taiwan
+1 more
buddhabeats says

Although not my thread, thanks for the replies. I guess I’ll give it a shot and try uploading the required file types and something with a higher bitrate and see what happens. Will post back with results if a mod/staff member hasn’t chimed in by then.

Thx

299 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
adammonroe says

You know, honestly I’m not so sure anymore. I think the post where I got my information from is almost four years old.

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/bit-rate-of-files-allowed-to-be-uploaded/13071?page=1#113390

The newer posts seem to call for only standard versions.

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/sample-rate-bit-rate-changes-effective-from-august-23rd/29031?page=1#271396

And the authoring guide once again states that all audio must be 44.1, 16 bit. http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/353/0/general-file-preparation-guidelines

Guess I was wrong.

by
by
by
by
by
by