257 posts luiszuno.com
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+5 more
Ansimuz says

This month i notice lower sales even though i have more files than the last month.

I think its the summer effect :D.

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

I’ve seen a small increase

552 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Mufaddal says

decrease :(

381 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Yvo says

Same as always, only a few sales per month. Need to create a bigger portfolio. Hope to do so in a few months.

4247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Guess some still haven’t thought about how the search affects sales.

Sales are affected by how users search for what they need. Now that there is a more efficient search engine, the files that get the most exposure in the more obvious places are not the only files that get sold. Your sales, and mine, are affected by what people are looking for specifically.

I notice that only the high quality files that are in demand are being sold more. Those are the two important factors that determine a sell: High Quality and Demand.

260 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
ravenwill says

Sales seem to have decreased since the new search system was implemented. :(

2276 posts Bird is the word..
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Does anyone think that this may be attributed to the fact there is 10 php / javascripts listed currently on the home page for new files – I’m not against this new category (2 actually) I just question why they are on a site primarily for web templates? I think they may be diluting sales as the first impression when visiting the site is now not all site / html / wordpress templates? No offence is meant to those php / JS authors :)

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
PixelBin says
Does anyone think that this may be attributed to the fact there is 10 php / javascripts listed currently on the home page for new files – I’m not against this new category (2 actually) I just question why they are on a site primarily for web templates? I think they may be diluting sales as the first impression when visiting the site is now not all site / html / wordpress templates? No offence is meant to those php / JS authors :)
+1

I was all for new categories that included just code, but I didn’t mean take over the entire site (or the front page, rather, where 50% of the sales originate from). It’s still ThemeForest… that’s why Envato should have made a CodeCave or something. :D

2276 posts Bird is the word..
+8 more
jonathan01 says
+1

I was all for new categories that included just code, but I didn’t mean take over the entire site (or the front page, rather, where 50% of the sales originate from). It’s still ThemeForest… that’s why Envato should have made a CodeCave or something. :D

Yup.

1001 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+7 more
baf2681 Envato team says

I haven’t noticed a change in either direction. It’s all pretty much the same for me.

by
by
by
by
by
by