107 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
bugakov_maxim says

What benefit from description? I think a few tracks are bought thanks to the description. Am I right? I’m in despair. . . What tracks the customs are looking for?

What ways to promote of yours tracks are more useful? Share with me please

665 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

I don’t know much about marketing but I think you should watch a youtuber named Marie Forleo. She could probably help you with your AJ business with her videos about business and personal advice. :)

It won’t hurt you to take a look. Let me know if that helps.

748 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
guitarjock says

I must agree that YouTube is a pretty good way to go for promoting. I am mostly basing this opinion on the fact that YouTube is the most “consumed” media on the planet at the moment. If you are trying to market digital media, it just doesn’t make sense to not use YouTube.

But it is also a good idea to diversify your promotions. You know, “don’t put all of your eggs in one basket.” Maybe try blogging on blog sites that relate to video and sound production. If you do decide to try blogging, you will need to remember that blogging takes a lot of effort and time. You have to be willing to spend some time every day blogging. And it takes time to get the numbers (meaning readers and potential buyers that keep coming back to your blog and eventually transfer to actual buyers.) I’ve seen articles by successful bloggers that say it can take up to a year before you get any real payoff doing this. But once that year passes, and if you stay steady at blogging and providing readers with something that makes them want to come back, it can make a major difference. It is just something to consider if you like writing and sharing knowledge.

For many of us though, the primary driver of sales is continually putting out good quality music on a regular basis. I can’t say that I am the greatest example of that since I have only made about 100 sales during my first year, but I do see that many successful authors do this.

I am usually not one to strive for putting out as many songs as I can in a given period of time. I often have to get in the mood to write something that I feel is really good. If I don’t get the feeling it is good, I don’t release it.

Anyway, back to the idea of sales. I think good descriptions matter a lot to the customer. If anything, it shows attention to detail, and helps the customer decide whether the track fits their needs. I say “the better the description, the better informed the buyer is about your product.” So definitely work on making good, accurate descriptions. It can only help.

As far as my knowledge of marketing goes, packaging is important too. By packaging I mean what you include in the download zip. If you can do something with your tracks to make them stand out from the crowd, you may reap benefits, and get more sales. From time to time, I like to cut the full track into looped sections and provide those with the WAV and MP3 files. I haven’t made enough sales to really determine if this makes a major difference or not, but so far, a couple of my tracks with loops included have been selling well. So packaging is something to consider.

One more thing to think about is labeling. By labeling I mean that you should make sure your profile looks good, and is easy to read, interpret, and follow. Using pictures that match a style of music that can be hyperlinked and clicked on to get to your different styles of tracks helps. It also may help to have links to similar tracks on each of your track/item description pages. That way, you are helping customers find more songs in the style they are interested in.

Well, hopefully that gives you some food for thought. Let me know if any of it works for you.

Good Luck my friend.

- guitarjock

107 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
bugakov_maxim says

Thank you for this message I want know how to promote tracks on Youtube? Is it needed to make videos? But I’m a composer, not a videomaker…Must I learn do it?

206 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
reubenchng says

Thank you for this message I want know how to promote tracks on Youtube? Is it needed to make videos? But I’m a composer, not a videomaker…Must I learn do it?

Never hurts to learn some extra skills. You can try looking at ‘animoto’ if you really don’t know how. Google it.

22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Belarus
+2 more
R-Mafi says
by
by
by
by
by