113 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
AlexStokke says

I couldn’t find anything about this in the Forum rules. I think there should be some rules when responding to Item Requests. Item Requests are practical when buyers have specific needs that can’t be defined in the search engine (otherwise I don’t see any point of making requests). I find it strange that when a buyer can’t find what they are looking for, some authors seem to think that they have 10-15 tracks that perfectly fits the bill. It is pretty clear that many authors don’t even read the specifications of the requester, posting tracks with heavy drums when it is stated it should be without, or listing tracks that are 2-3 times the length requested.

It is understandable that everyone can’t possibly supply exactly what is asked for, but at a minimum the authors should write a sentence or two about the mood/genre and instruments used so the buyer doesn’t have to click through hundreds of tracks that obviously don’t match the request. Posting one or multiple suggestions that cleary miss the request should be considered SPAM and respectless self-promotion.

by
by
by
by
by
by