291 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
rtofvnt says

Halo there.

I’m just about to commit new song, but I want to record some acoustic instruments – guitars etc. Would any one of you guys recommend Rode M3 as a good mic for that task ?

Cheers

934 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

I’ve never used one, but Rode has a pretty good reputation and a quick search yields generally positive comments about the M3. The price is pretty nice (@ 150 USD on Sweetwater).

I have used the Rode NT5 , which is about 60 USD more, and can attest to it as a very good mic for recording acoustic guitars and overheads. But I think it’s comparing apples and oranges. The M3 seems better as an all purpose mic.

89 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
LaMusique says

I’ve used M3 for a long time till I bought AKG 414 :)

M3 – is a workhorse that can record any instrument and even vocals with a good quality and excellent price.

291 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
rtofvnt says

Thanks guys for advise. I’d rather listen to someone from comunity then some strangers and if you are confirming the fact it is a good mic for what I’m looking for – I’ll go for that. P.S. – I got myself a mandolin and learned’s few chords so far :-)

89 posts
LaMusique says
rtofvnt said
Thanks guys for advise. I’d rather listen to someone from comunity then some strangers and if you are confirming the fact it is a good mic for what I’m looking for – I’ll go for that. P.S. – I got myself a mandolin and learned’s few chords so far :-)

You call me a stranger ? :) Sorry that I wrote my message.. Have a nice day, girl.

934 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says
LaMusique said
rtofvnt said
You call me a stranger ? :) Sorry that I wrote my message.. Have a nice day, girl.

I think rtofvnt meant that we are part of the community, not the strangers :).

89 posts
LaMusique says
jhunger said
LaMusique said
rtofvnt said
I think rtofvnt meant that we are part of the community, not the strangers :).

Oops, I think you’re right :)) Sorry, guys.

by
by
by
by
by
by